Never seen another one .

Strokermjcomanche

During WW2, they would take a sheet metal part off a B-17 and make a mold off of it. I think the molds were formed out of Bismuth (sp). The molds do not last long, say 20,000-30,000 parts. I think I have used something similar or just called by another name 'Cero safe' . It is used to take cast of chambers of firearms. Also, as I remember there is a place in Ohio that deals in Ford Model T parts. They use this to make reproduction body panels for the Model T. Old school still works. 

1 hour ago, Minuit said:

I'd be curious just how much more rigid an MJ with solid floors is than one without.

I can't really see it being a whole heck of a lot. It's a pretty serious case of rot that takes out more than a couple square feet in each footwell, and the transmission tunnel would provide more torsional rigidity than the relatively flat pieces of the footwell. But then again I'm no expert, just someone with a very rudimentary grasp of stress and strain, very minimal experience applying it, and about five years since I've put much thought into something like this. 

That said however, one of my MJs has no rocker panels left to speak of, some of the pinch seam is even gone out of it on the one side, and it doesn't seem to have any rigidity issues. I've even had it doing 65mph with over 4500lbs behind it. Floors are reasonably solid still somehow, but rockers are going to be more structurally important than the floorpan. I've also had 3000+ lbs behind my xj, and it never seemed to have rigidity issues either, despite having effectively no floor at all, on top of not having much in the way of rockers. But that's not exactly a scientific comparison.