throttle sticks

when i press the gas then let up to shift, the throttle stays on a little, i have replace the throttle body so that shouldnt be what it is, has anyone else had this? i don't think its the throttle cable, when i push the tb valve open with the hood up it still sticks, do the throttle linkage get gummed up? i tried spraying everything (that moves when i press the gas) in that area with pb plaster in hopes it would lube up but nothing. i also checked the pedal, it moves freely so i don't think its the pedal its self.

thanks,

Jonathan

Are these both Renix-era MJs?

Follow your throttle actuator rod downward from the throttle body and you'll see a pivit linkage about 8" to 10" down, a bit hard to see but visible if you look for it. You want to squirt that with a good penetrating lubricant. In a pinch, you can use PB Blaster, but I don't think that has much lasting lubricity. Pep Boys has a better product that sort of foams up and clings as you spray it, rather than dripping right off. Don't recall just what it's called, but I think it has "Pro" in the name somehow.

Also spray a little on the shaft of the throttle body where it goes through the body itself. But be careful NOT to spray any on the sensors.

when i press the gas then let up to shift, the throttle stays on a little, i have replace the throttle body so that shouldnt be what it is, has anyone else had this? i don't think its the throttle cable, when i push the tb valve open with the hood up it still sticks, do the throttle linkage get gummed up? i tried spraying everything (that moves when i press the gas) in that area with pb plaster in hopes it would lube up but nothing. i also checked the pedal, it moves freely so i don't think its the pedal its self.

thanks,

Jonathan

sounds like a bad cable. id say spend the $15 or whatever and replace it, atleast you know it won't brake next time you slam it hard.

I have the same problem, I tried spraying the linakage in spots with some white Litium grease too. That Helped but it still wouldn't come back as far as it should have.

I solved the problem by drilling a samll whole in the linkage and attaching a small spring to pull it back.

This little "add on" is realy a Bubblegum paper clip type of a fix, but it's working fine.

you know what I'm kinda having the same problem myself.. but I'm also having an issue with my idle being horrible... it idles anywhere from 750-250 and it studders and shakes the whole damn truck..

done a tune up recently?

my truck started doing this out of NOWHERE felt like someone dropped 400lbs in the back then at idle i had to give it gas it was idling so low and shuddering like it would cut out

did a tune up, cap, rotor, plugs, and it runs fine again... (and the last tune up had only been about 5k back, plus everything looked fine)