Steering pump upgrade

So I've been neglecting my comanche awhile and need to do some steering upgrades and first i want to do a pump. What upgrades can I do? Ive seen the 01 grand Cherokee 4.7 upgrade. Anyone have any details on that?

Once I get my tax return I'm getting a PSC box and hydro assist set up but right now just want to do a pump upgrade. Thanks yall

I got a 1987 with the renix 4.0 

I did a 4.0L WJ PS Pump upgrade. I had to block off a port in the reservoir. I hear KJ reservoirs fit. I did notice a bit better operations. That is with a rebuilt stock (Advanced Auto) gear box. I did rebuilt the PS Pump.  

Edit: Mine is on a '98 XJ. So, there might be mods to do on earlier  engines.

I ran a WJ pump and Durango box on my XJ. It's not a simple bolt on and you need to do a good amount to make it work properly but, worked amazing. Turned my 33's with no effort. Doing just the pump won't net you a lot you need to upgrade the box to the durango box. Only down side is I fd my unibody because I didn't reinforce it properly. For the pump you need to retain the stock MJ fitting on the pump. Don't bore it out or use the WJ fitting as it won't work properly. You'll also need to modify your mounting bracket for the pump, basically either running longer bolts or tapping a thread on one of the mounting points. Make sure to block off the reservoir and you're good to go.  If you do the durango box I suggest getting this https://www.c-rok4x4.com/c-rok-online-store/C-ROK-Cherokee-XJ-Durango-Reinforcing-Frame-Kit-p38115458

I put an AGR super pump on my MJ with a 4" overdrive pulley, it seemed to help with turning the 37s, i also ran a larger remote reservoir and installed a cooler.

I recently tapped my box for assist and picked up a PSC ram, with all the other upgrades already done it will be an easy install to go hydro assist.