Info for Don's funeral this Saturday

Pete M

It got buried in the other thread so I'm posting it up to be easier to find.

From Don's daughter:

Hello everyone. It is with a heavy heart that I say my Dad, Don Hornbrook, passed yesterday due to multiple complications. Our family is pretty devastated and we ask for your prayers. The funeral service will be this Saturday, 26 January at:

Arab Heritage Memorial Chapel

1340 North Main St

arab, al 35016

Phone: (256)586-4100

the viewing will be from 2-4PM with the service starting at 4PM

If there are any questions or if you would like to send flowers please contact the funeral home. Anyone is welcome to attend as well if they would like. Thank you so much for your support and concern for my dad and our family during this difficult time.   

V/R,

Abby

I'm just saying that this whole situation sucks.  There, I said it.  Might be the beers talking now, but whatever.

I feel terrible for the whole family, I really do.  Don was an integral part of this CC family, as I'm sure he was also on other, good-old-fashioned posting boards.  Facebook, Instagram, and all of the rest of the new social mediums be damned.  They are just not the same.

Don was an OG member of the Yahoo group that started this whole thing.  He and the rest of us are a vanishing breed, sadly.

Sorry about the small rant, I feel better now.

RIP, Cheif:beerchug:

I was so close to getting to drive to Huntsville to meet him and give him my old load sensing valve :sad::sad: I wish I could be there but I'm signing on a lease for a house and doing a charity event for Special Olympics that day. I'm going to miss hornbrod a lot... Don was one of the first guys on here to message me and get to know me and he really motivated me to keep going with my Jeeps. 

2 hours ago, Knucklehead97 said:

I was so close to getting to drive to Huntsville to meet him and give him my old load sensing valve :sad::sad: I wish I could be there but I'm signing on a lease for a house and doing a charity event for Special Olympics that day. I'm going to miss hornbrod a lot... Don was one of the first guys on here to message me and get to know me and he really motivated me to keep going with my Jeeps. 

Knucklehead,

Think Don would be quite pleased to see you taking care of business.  So don't worry about it.  Us old guys enjoy seeing younger people grow and mature.  Be they our kids or other kids.