Quote notification emails

DirtyComanche

I'm getting emails notifying me that I've been quoted.  I went and turned off email notifications on content, in the user settings, I think that's what it was called...  Still seem to be getting them.  :dunno:

I'll just custom filter them into the trash if I have too, but it seems like something is broken?  Or the option is somewhere else?

something in the email thingie (technical term) is amiss and driving me nuts. :fistshake2:  Can't say for sure if your issue is part of it though.  Hopefully Krypt will get some downtime from work this winter and be able to go though it all.

On 11/20/2018 at 5:21 AM, DirtyComanche said:

I'm getting emails notifying me that I've been quoted.  I went and turned off email notifications on content, in the user settings, I think that's what it was called...  Still seem to be getting them.  

I have had trouble too. The most direct fix has been to go to settings and to "threads I follow" and eliminate ones you do not want. Somehow ones you don't want there get there. Those are some but not all you have posted too.

5 minutes ago, Manche757 said:

I have had trouble too. The most direct fix has been to go to settings and to "threads I follow" and eliminate ones you do not want. Somehow ones you don't want there get there. Those are some but not all you have posted too.

I just got an email letting me know you quoted me, so I'll go check that out. :roflmao:

36 minutes ago, DirtyComanche said:

I just got an email letting me know you quoted me, so I'll go check that out. :roflmao:

My preference is to get email from threads that I started but not from any others. I don't know your preference, but note this is a thread you started. If you frick around with "threads you follow", you will mostly get what you want. 

18 minutes ago, Manche757 said:

My preference is to get email from threads that I started but not from any others. I don't know your preference, but note this is a thread you started. If you frick around with "threads you follow", you will mostly get what you want. 

Yeah, I poked through the settings and I'd missed a whole bunch of them.  I get emails for threads I start.  Or I did, 'cause that can get bent.  I'm not sure how that setting got turned on, because I didn't before, but it might have been a while since I started a thread since I'd been busy with stupid J trucks and other stuff for a while.

6 hours ago, DirtyComanche said:

I think something happened and the settings just reset on their own, or inadvertently by my own hand.  :dunno:

You are innocent of any wrong deed, intended or accidental, I think. I speculate there was a system update to the server hosting the CC. If Windows 10 runs the server, that is likely. An update to 10 could have corrupted CC performance. Figure that out and make the fix. Meanwhile, go to "threads I follow" that jumped in that should not have and delete those you don't want email from.

Everything is operating properly at this time.  Members are advised to access their profiles, and to check their notification settings, and to adjust them as necessary.  There was a recent forum software update which fixed some of the notification logic.  When that update was applied, we noticed some notification preferences triggering mails which didn't do so previously. 

13 hours ago, kryptronic said:

Everything is operating properly at this time.  

If you said it, it must be so. A reminder that if Pete tripled his salary, it would still be zero. Kudos to Krytro for behind the scene jobs well done. Give a hand. :applause: