Going to pick up Comanche this week

MJnewbie

16 hours ago, JMO413 said:

Did anyone ever ask what you plan on doing with it? Just wondering? Mine is just as rusty and I absolutely love it. I do understand somewhat where everyone is coming from. 

That's probably one we should ask.  :laugh:

The rusty ones need saved too right?  We certainly don't want to drag all the rust free ones to the rust belt to destroy them.  

What you guys yelling avoid the truck don't realize is that when you own a rust free truck up here, it kinda really sucks.  Mine sits in the garage for almost 6 months a year because of the salt.  I would love to go play in the snow but I can't without getting it salty and I certainly don't want to have to freeze my a$$ off outside trying to wash the thing clean everyday. 

For the location the truck is for sale in, it's a fair price for a good running truck.  Older trucks don't stay for sale very long around here anymore, even if they are rusted out.  Obviously if time and money where no object, everybody would buy vehicles from the south or west but unfortunately, it costs a good chunk of time and money to make that happen.  The OP has already said he doesn't have the ability to travel and has said the seller is willing to negotiate so let's see what happens. :popcorn:

3 hours ago, Dzimm said:

3 hours ago, Dzimm said:

What you guys yelling avoid the truck don't realize is that when you own a rust free truck up here, it kinda really sucks.  Mine sits in the garage for almost 6 months a year because of the salt. 

Dzi, what did your awesome blue look like when you bought it?

36 minutes ago, Manche757 said:

Dzi, what did your awesome blue look like when you bought it?

Driver's floor pan was rusted out completely, the passenger floor had surface rust under the carpet, underside had surface rust and the rear wheel wells were rusted out under the flares.   Actually looks to be about the same shape the OP's truck is in.  Mine was wrecked at some point in its life and the most recent PO left it sitting in a garage completely stripped for a few years.  I bought it as a roller and fixed all the rust as I built it.  

Edit: in case you are wondering, I paid $1000 for it completely stripped.  Now have prolly about $6000 total in it.  

4 hours ago, Dzimm said:

What you guys yelling avoid the truck don't realize is that when you own a rust free truck up here, it kinda really sucks.  Mine sits in the garage for almost 6 months a year because of the salt.

That's why I'm building a second one up.  Have a nice one for the summer, and keep the rotting one for the winter.

Truth be told, if a guy had bedsides or a better box, and was willing to put the time into it, one could probably nip off all of the rust issues on my current driver.  Finding a box?  Hah, like that's going to happen.

I'll stick with washing the frame out every time I go to the self serve car wash, and continuing to drive it.  Maybe at some point I'll wire wheel the worst of the rust off it and patch things, just so it will last longer, but that doesn't need to happen anytime soon.

• 4 weeks later...