Show us your pumpkins!

fiatslug87

we bought 2 pumpkins last week and set them on the front porch as decorations (planning to carve them today).  one rotted itself out already and was pitched.  the other has started rotting and we'll see what I can salvage from it this evening.    first time that's ever happened.  :dunno:

Halloween is the one holiday I really can't stand.  As such, we shut all the lights off, lock the doors and go out to dinner....it's become a yearly tradition.

Our neighbors have young(er) kids, so we make up a big basket of candy stuff for them and take it over to them before we leave for the evening.

Yeah, I know....bah humbug and all that.:laugh:

well, my pumpkin was only partially rotted so I cut out the rot, laid it on its side and cut a face.  close enough.  or it would be if you weren't me. :D  I then got bored and threw some paper in there which promptly melted the candle and lit all of the wax at once.  neat! :applause: ended up with a pumpkin with a boiling, flaming cauldron in his head.  :popcorn:  

20181031_200507.jpg

20181031_200522.jpg

We usually carve pumpkins the night before Halloween and they hold up for at least a few days. This year, the minute we finished the pumpkin they just started turning into mush. The one on the far right my 9 year old carved. It's supposed to be some Minecraft character. I don't get the fascination with those Minecraft games. It's mind numbing to watch.:umn:

20181031_203606.jpg