Dana 44 Rear Swap

40 minutes ago, JMO413 said:

I just want to be able to order a manual trans the good axles with 4.10. If about company would let you do this you would think Jeep would.

Yeah. It’s a source of frustration to me. Everything comes in a package. On the one hand I can appreciate how much it speeds up the assembly line knowing that each vehicle needs a certain set of components vs having to continually double check each component against the order sheet at every stop, but on the other hand, when the parts are clearly available to build it the way you want. In the case of the JT, it’s especially frustrating because you can get the base with the max tow axles with an automatic, and you can get the same axles with the manual in the Rubi, so you know they won’t need to custom make a driveshaft for the handful of people who’d want it in the base, but nope, no 4.10 manual trans base model.

17 minutes ago, gogmorgo said:

Yeah. It’s a source of frustration to me. Everything comes in a package. On the one hand I can appreciate how much it speeds up the assembly line knowing that each vehicle needs a certain set of components vs having to continually double check each component against the order sheet at every stop, but on the other hand, when the parts are clearly available to build it the way you want. In the case of the JT, it’s especially frustrating because you can get the base with the max tow axles with an automatic, and you can get the same axles with the manual in the Rubi, so you know they won’t need to custom make a driveshaft for the handful of people who’d want it in the base, but nope, no 4.10 manual trans base model.

It's a good thing for me though if you could I would be making payments on one. 

8 hours ago, JMO413 said:

Fun-ness and nobody wants to borrow it. I just enjoy the driving experience with a stick. The control you have with a manual you can't have with an automatic. IMHO 

I just want to be able to order a manual trans the good axles with 4.10. If about company would let you do this you would think Jeep would.

You can, and its called a Rubicon. 

7 hours ago, gogmorgo said:

They know how to get people to spend money. I've considered a new Jeep for years, and with the Diesel Gladiator I just might do it. Maybe.

But for years my frustration was having to spend the rubicon coin just to get a 44 front and elockers. I don't care about the transfer case, crappy stock skids, or any of that. I just want to know that I have reliable axles and E lockers. 

So for me to really get what I would want, I would have to drop the money on the Rubicon. If I got a sport or whatever and spent the nearly 2k on elockers.......well I'm almost to the point of rubicon anyway.

8 hours ago, gogmorgo said:

For bumping along slow trails in low range you still can’t beat a stick.

I will strongly disagree with this. For real wheeling I think the auto performs better. Being able to crawl with the auto vs needing three feet in a manual is what sells it for me. Had both, done both, for a rig I take wheeling its auto. If I had a jeep that was mostly daily driver duty, I would enjoy the manual. 

Bear in mind that most of my vehicles are manuals, and its just the XJ, MJ, and KJ that are auto.