Fuel pump won't shut off

Hi new to the site. I have a 88 Comanche 4.0 with a new problem as of today. The fuel pump will not shut off. If you pull the relay and I pulled all 4 in the passenger side inner fender area the fuel pump keeps running. The only way to get the fuel pump to shut off is to unhook the battery or unplug the fuel pump connector. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated. 

Since we can't kill the fuel pump from under the hood and C157 kills the fuel pump, that leaves C100 (ENG to IP) (Bulkhead connector) left to check (separate). In other words, your short to voltage is between C157 and the battery. Put a voltmeter on the fuel pump wire (should read battery voltage) and trace the wire(s) back looking for wires touching each other. Best I can do sitting in my chair.

Okay just checking only post I found about this issue. Yes I pulled all four relays,the ballast resistor, the starter relay leg, and disconnected C352 and the fuel pump runs. So if I understand you correctly I am getting voltage from another circuit shorted to the fuel pump wiring?

That is weird.  Did you get the issue sorted?  I have never heard of a short to power.  Short to ground all the time, never short to power.  Then again, I am not a mechanic so I haven't seen ALOT of issues.  In situations like this I look to prior 'repairs' first.

I have a 79 Camaro that the dash lights came on with the ignition rather than the headlight switch when I bought it.  That one took me a while to figure it out.  Turned out the PO had installed an aftermarket radio.  Chevy hooked the dash lights circuit into the factory radio.  Radio lights came on with dash lights.  When the PO installed the radio he cut the plug off for the radio and twisted the IGN power wire with the dash light wire.  I separated the two wires and put a new fuse in the dash light circuit.  I drove the car for years with the dash light issue, was never a concern.  Only sorted the issue when I had the entire dash torn apart and decided to chase the issue.

It's interesting that your issue popped up suddenly.  Have you done any work to the jeep immediately prior to the issue?  Perhaps you disturbed something that was already a little off?  I am thinking perhaps PO rewired the fuel pump due to an issue and 'made it work'.  A fuse or relay failed and PO's jackleg circuit design went haywire.

The PO had went around C157 with a toggle switch and ran power to the switch also. I had to go out of town for work and am going to try again today or tomorrow. The connection at C157 is nasty I think that's why he by passed it.

And yes I have done allot of work to this truck. Got rid of the PO horrible wiring job. He was a fan of scotch locks. I have done almost all of Cruisers updates. Headlight overlay, 4 hole injectors, cleaned and added grounds.

I finally had the truck running right and all the lights working. I also installed a 4.5 lift, changed all the fluids, got new tires and an alignment. Washed the truck really well for the first time in who nows how long. And then my fuel pump just kept running. 

IMG_20180918_184757343.jpg