90 Eliminator revival

On 9/12/2019 at 8:49 PM, Renoenvy08 said:

So as of tomorrow my mj is no longer my DD, with over 500k the engine is starting to do things I don't like. But I'm in the process of rebuilding another 4.0 so hopefully it will be up and running for another snow adventure.I'll have updates when I'm able but now it's back to getting greasy

IMG_20190912_193829935.jpg

Amazing yours made it to 500K! Mine is currently going strong at 310K. I'm hoping to make it to 500K before I have to think about an engine. At 60k/year it won't take me long. Can I ask what your started doing?

3 hours ago, TexanEliminator said:

Amazing yours made it to 500K! Mine is currently going strong at 310K. I'm hoping to make it to 500K before I have to think about an engine. At 60k/year it won't take me long. Can I ask what your started doing?

Really bad blow by, started spitting out the throttle body, lifters started making noise, faint but noticeable rod knock all this with a pretty new oil pump and within about 36 hrs

ok, with work and all the other stuff people want me to do for them this isn't going as fast as I wanted, but that's probably a good thing as I'm not racing through this. I accually think about what I'm going to do when I get home on I-405. As of right now left in the block are the cam and crank. I've lapped #1"s valves, put new rings on #2 (that's where the crank was) and tomorrow when I get home it's time to start honing the cylinder walls. I'm off to bed need some sleep

• 10 months later...