90 Eliminator revival

Well I'm finally getting around to fixing/restoring the 90 Eliminator I tried to pick up in 09, First I can't do pics, Everytime I try to upload a pic the site won't let me. This was a daily driver until I picked up another vehicle, anyways it's a white 1990 eliminator 4.0 ax-15 it has a Cherokee rearend (bought it that way), so far I've pulled the interior out (the rear window leaks) found the start of rust on the floor pans, covered the pans with Rust Mort then put undercaoting over them to prevent any new rust appearing, I have the molded part of the headliner minus the fabric so I went to Joann fabric and got some headliner fabric and as I write this the glue is drying, the right front was hit some time in the past so I pulled the nose apart and fixed the bent braces best I could, i also replaced the oil pump when it went out my next little project is replacing all the tie rod ends and center link. I'll try to update my progress as I go, hopefully it will be trail ready next year

• 5 weeks later...

Hey everyone, since I last posted here life has been interesting. Had a U joint go out on me ( removed rear driveline and drove it home), installed a front receiver that a friend got for me (thinking it was for the rear) and picking up a 91 explorer tonight (for the rear end only). It's a little late now but that rear end will work in my mj right? If not guess I'll take the explorer to pick n pull

It won't bolt in, but will work.  This article has some decent info on the axle.  The Explorer you have doesn't have disc brakes on the axle, not a deal breaker, but I HATE drum brakes.  You will need to cut off all of the Explorer suspension brackets and weld on new ones for your MJ.

Hey people, while I was coming home from a job in Bellingham Wa. I noticed it was getting harder and harder to keep my mj going in a straight line. I've known for awhile that I needed to do some front end work (I've never had that much exp  with that), when I finally got home I pulled up to the shop and put the nose inside, as the rest is taken up by my zj down with front diff issues. Remembering some things I've read here I dropped the sway bar and the right tie rod end off the xj and swapped them out on my mj, this morning when I was finishing up I decided to put my 31's on the mj to see what it would look like, I like it better than the 16's I wanted to get but I have to run to work so I'll post later if I was successful tonight

IMG_20180921_060145746.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Just a quick update on the progress of my mj. In the past 4 days I've upgraded to an open cooling system, put zj springs in the front, my headlight harness showed up so that went in last night. I was a little frustrated at the fact that the springs didn't do anything but I think that's because the zj was beat to death before I got it. I pulled a rear end from a pioneer that showed up at pick-n-pull and after I go through it I'll put it in till I get something better as I haven't been able to get the explorer yet. Got to get back to work.

If anyone could please tell me the shocks stud size and thread pitch it would be a great help as I've put the rear axle in the correct place (dropping the back of the mj 4") I have no hardware to install the new shocks I just bought. Ty in advance

• 1 month later...

Ok people, I've been slacking on updates, most recent thing I've done is replaced all the tie rod ends and adjustment sleeves, I'm thinking about doing a new exhaust next and getting rid of the glass pack that I replaced the rotten muffler with

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Well I need to pick some other people's brain, my mj has developed a intermittent miss. It runs fine until I put a load on the engine then #1 goes dead when I get up to speed and take my foot out of it it smooths right out. It used to be it missed when cold then snapped out of it, I just need to keep it going till I get a rebuilt engine

I just met another Jeep guy, he has 3-4 xj's, 1 mj and a wj. I bought a front end off him (that actually has gears that match the rear) so the 3.07 front is getting replaced soon and that means I can go wheeling, and yes I told him about this site, said he'd be on tonight

IMG_20181211_204438788.jpg

• 9 months later...

So as of tomorrow my mj is no longer my DD, with over 500k the engine is starting to do things I don't like. But I'm in the process of rebuilding another 4.0 so hopefully it will be up and running for another snow adventure.I'll have updates when I'm able but now it's back to getting greasy

IMG_20190912_193829935.jpg