No reverse light Voltage

34 minutes ago, Pete M said:

do you have voltage at the switch on the trans?

44 minutes ago, Comnche tj said:

How is everybody, I'm having an issue with backup lights on my 1988 comanche 5speed, checked all fuses under dash ok, checked 4 wire connector under truck no voltage, any suggestions? Thanks

I don't have voltage  on the two pin connector to switch, and on the 4 wire connector coming from top of engine

Edited by Comnche tj

You don't have voltage ... where? Did you read the entire thread above? Start be verifying whether or not you have voltage TO the switch. If so, jumper the contacts on the switch terminal and see if the backup lights wwork when the switch is bypassed by a jumper.

19 hours ago, Comnche tj said:

How is everybody, I'm having an issue with backup lights on my 1988 comanche 5speed, checked all fuses under dash ok, checked 4 wire connector under truck no voltage, any suggestions? Thanks

3 hours ago, Comnche tj said:

Sorry for taking your time, thanks for answering , will not bother you again  thank you

Yeah, I know. 

If you are getting no power to the 4 pin connector, you need to look behind the fuse block. Just because the fuse looks OK, does not mean that the connection behind the fuse is OK. 

Standard trans MJs and XJs are known for having corroded fuse blocks. 

2 hours ago, Jeep Driver said:

Yeah, I know. 

If you are getting no power to the 4 pin connector, you need to look behind the fuse block. Just because the fuse looks OK, does not mean that the connection behind the fuse is OK. 

Standard trans MJs and XJs are known for having corroded fuse blocks. 

VERY good point.