Power steering pulley replacement

Hello, i have a friend that needs a power steering pulley for a 86 comanche 2.5 4x4 and we've been looking for one online and the junkyard to no avail.

Was wondering if theres one that could replace it? Similar one that could fit?

Thank you!

Is it TBI? I would assume so. With serpentine belt?

Look to other Renix era 2.5s or 4.0s. 

The 2.5 pump is configured differently in that it has a remote reservoir, it is otherwise the same pump. 

HO pulleys will NOT fit, different belt alignment. 

14 hours ago, Jeep Driver said:

Is it TBI? I would assume so. With serpentine belt?

Look to other Renix era 2.5s or 4.0s. 

The 2.5 pump is configured differently in that it has a remote reservoir, it is otherwise the same pump. 

HO pulleys will NOT fit, different belt alignment. 

Its a directly to the crank pulley, okay thank you!

10 hours ago, JayhonB said:

I think it is :( we have the original pulley but we might just go to another junkyard or keep an eye on ebay

Two v-belt pulleys were used for the 86; one with A/C and one w/o A/C. Which do you have?

If there are two v-belts, one should run the WP and alt (necessary to drive) and one the P/S and A/C (not necessarily necessary).  I've had an A/C compressor go bad and was able to just cut the belt and still drive the truck...but then it was a Chevy, not a Jeep.

21 hours ago, Big Dan said:

Whether or not he has AC shouldnt affect the routing for power steering, unless I am misunderstanding something.

Big Dan, you made me recheck - and you are correct. The parts manual had two entries for the pump pulley; one for A/C and one for non-A/C models, but both entries were the same p/n and I didn't notice it. If the parts numbers are the same - why list it on two lines? :dunno:  Must be a trap.. 

PULLEY, Pump
J3226937, 1, Without Air Conditioning
J3226937, 1, With American Air Conditioning

2 hours ago, HOrnbrod said:

Big Dan, you made me recheck - and you are correct. The parts manual had two entries for the pump pulley; one for A/C and one for non-A/C models, but both entries were the same p/n and I didn't notice it. If the parts numbers are the same - why list it on two lines? :dunno:  Must be a trap.. 

PULLEY, Pump
J3226937, 1, Without Air Conditioning
J3226937, 1, With American Air Conditioning

I notice it says "with American air conditioning" - what about factory installed air conditioning?

Just now, Minuit said:

I notice it says "with American air conditioning" - what about factory installed air conditioning?

Good question. It's a serp belt pulley. The J3226937 pulley above is a v-belt pulley.

PULLEY, Pump
J3238275, 1, With Factory Air Conditioning