2 hours ago, DirtyComanche said:

What did you paint all of that with?  Looks textured?

Remote battery looks good.  How long did the cables wind up being?  Cranks it over no problems though?

I used the spray on truck bed liner with a coat of rattle can crust-oleum to prevent sun fade. The way I see it's an area that takes a beating, all I have to do is re coat when it gets too bad. That's what I've done on the rocker for my XJ for years, looks nice.

The cable is about 10 feet #2. I have not gotten to crank it yet with this cable, still have a bit more wiring to go. I will find out how well it does when I purge the fuel system...

5 hours ago, bigmistake said:

I don't know how I missed this build thread - I've been obsessively reading up on OM617 swaps wherever I can find them.  Following along, and great work!

Thanks, it's definitely gone full-redneck. I love it. I'll be installing a "lightly" modified injection pump in the next couple days & sorting out the glow plug harness. Just a few more big hurdles & it's a driver. 

• 1 month later...

Time for a few long overdue updates. "Heavily" modified injection pump has been installed, fuel system is complete, glow plug relay wired into the Jeep system, all gauges work as if they were meant to be there. The best part...it now starts with the key. After running a few times with my freshly uncorked diesel I'd come to the conclusion that in spite of running this thing with no muffler of any kind, my self designed flatbed made more racket than the engine (think metallic Whoopi cushion). Needless to say, my ears were ringing for a few days after that experience. Some of the noise would be cured once wood is installed, but not all, so I added bracing & some sound deadening. 

20181128_182633_zpse55ftoeo.jpg20190124_200849_zpsvtdqcyif.jpg20190124_200754_zps6oqriuzu.jpg20190124_200729_zpstex1jyj2.jpg20190124_200720_zpsgmle2tgv.jpg20190120_152104_zpsuzoegcho.jpg20190124_200831_zps4dax8ufu.jpg

The pictures really aren't in any kind of order, but hopefully you get the idea. Currently I'm working on access panels for storage, the battery, & refueling. So far lots of fun, but it can be a bit tedious. 

• 7 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hello everyone. Apologies for the long delay. I will be (hopefully) doing some updates soon. I am in the middle of a few projects that are taking a lot of time. Upcoming things are air conditioning, different turbo, inter-cooler, redesigned oil pan - the front axle kissed it just enough to put a pin hole Yay! Also, a better front axle, i am thinking D44, even heavily modified the D30 snapped the hubs like they weren't there with the torque of the diesel.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...