Original cloth interior fabric?

Is either of the red cloth interior fabrics still available?  My burgundy/maroon/red drivers seat needs a repair to the driver's side bolster.  I have searched around, but can't seem to locate any.  Perhaps I could salvage some material off a door panel for the bolster.

That material is called Hunter's Plaid, if that helps (probably not). The color is called Cordovan. That was replaced with the tweed looking Luggage fabric in 1989, so 1987-1988 would be the years for that fabric. Hard to find in any condition these days.

That kind of seat very frequently has a tear in that exact location, so it might be hard to find a replacement. I'm almost certain you can put a passenger side cover on, after you patch the holes for the seat tilt levers and add them on the correct side.

I've seen one other pattern, with larger red area.  What years were the various fabrics available?  I'm not sure what this one was called.  Thanks!
600beba9f59c4fd7a8c56e5b3399b2f7.jpg.5273037b9e7ff600b09631b3a44d6063.jpg

2 different thoughts on this. This fabric is not so easy to find. One option is using the fabric off the rear set of a Cherokee with the same design. Seat skins are cheap out of a junkyard. Number 2 I know where an almost perfect pasanger seat is located with that same pattern. It absolutely covered in desert dust but in amazing condition. The yard it’s located in is an absolute disaster in a small town that you could hold your breath and drive threw. And your prices very as to the one employee that is working that day. Its in an 86 or 87 Cherokee Laredo. I don’t get out there that much but I’m planing a trip after the 4th of next month.

88 Pioneer 4x4 auto LB D30/D44
88 Eliminator 4x2 5sp SB D35

Thanks guys!

Great to know the name (Hunter's Plaid) and which years this fabric was fitted.  Did these seats always have matching door panels, or could you get just the seats in this fabric (with door panels in standard Cordovan vinyl)?

I'll keep my eye out for a passenger seat or rear CHerokee seat in good condition, that sounds like the best option.

jeeppapa, keep me posted if they still have seats with this fabric.  Would be great to repair or replace the seat.  There is some vinyl damage on the opposite side bolster to the tear, but that material is easier to find.

6 hours ago, Minuit said:

33 minutes ago, rynoshark said:

Thanks guys!

Great to know the name (Hunter's Plaid) and which years this fabric was fitted.  Did these seats always have matching door panels, or could you get just the seats in this fabric (with door panels in standard Cordovan vinyl)?

I'll keep my eye out for a passenger seat or rear CHerokee seat in good condition, that sounds like the best option.

jeeppapa, keep me posted if they still have seats with this fabric.  Would be great to repair or replace the seat.  There is some vinyl damage on the opposite side bolster to the tear, but that material is easier to find.

This fabric to my knowledge was only fitted on '87 and '88 Laredos. The door panels should match the seats.

I have a similar pattern in tan/gold.  I spoke with an upholstery shop to get mine recovered.  They did not have the fabric, but a shop in OR may have it.  I called and ordered two yards.  What was sent did not match.  It is more orange than tan, but the pattern is the same.  I will post a picture later.  I will get you the name and number also.

BTW - I have those exact seats here.  They have rocker/slider bases.

I have the same seats on my 88 and had the same tear but much worse. Like others said, you might find a passenger seat cover that is not torn and swap it over if you don't mind holes in the side. My passenger cover was stained beyond cleaning and I found a nice one that I washed and put on.

On the driver seat the upholstery shop I used found a really good match IMO as to keeping it looking like original and being a bit anal I recovered the cloth on both seats and the matching door panels so there would be a uniform look to the interior. On the door panels, the shop said it was glued on from the factory, not stapled, and at the top and bottom of the cloth there is a plastic trim piece. So to take apart they were worried they would tear up the door panel and we came up with the idea of just rolling the edges over which turned out very nice I think. There were some tears in the vinyl sections of both seats and I had them repair them also, matching up color there was easy. Material cost was dirt cheap, I think for both seats and door panels it cost $25 but that's also because the shop will keep the rest of the fabric roll for future jobs so I didn't have to pay for the entire roll. 

20171222_113818 (Medium) (Large).jpg

20171222_115509 (Medium) (Large).jpg

20171222_120445 (Medium) (Large).jpg

Tim, great info!  I'll call that shop in OR and see what they've got (wow, they have an unbelievable selection of cloth for various makes).  Would you consider selling your seat covers? ;)

Why do some of the seats have the full vinyl headerest and some have the cutouts?  What is the difference?  Model year?  Cherokee vs Comanche?

57 minutes ago, rynoshark said:

This seems like a different cloth fabric, what years was this applicable to?  Any idea the name of this?

25a9529370619286feb985da210d8b00.jpg

"Canyon" fabric, which was the cloth fabric option on the lower trim models. 88-90 I think.

19 hours ago, rynoshark said:

Tim, great info!  I'll call that shop in OR and see what they've got (wow, they have an unbelievable selection of cloth for various makes).  Would you consider selling your seat covers? ;)

Why do some of the seats have the full vinyl headerest and some have the cutouts?  What is the difference?  Model year?  Cherokee vs Comanche?

I'd consider selling the whole seat.  You just have to get them.