Discount on Hell Creek Kits and Springs

I have not been on the forum for a while, but I wanted to remind you that we are still offering a 10% discount to all Comanche Club members on our complete lift kits and individual springs - in fact everything on our website.

We have the following for MJ Comanches:

3", 4-1/2" and 6" Lift Kits. These combine our rear leaf springs with Rough Country parts.

3", 4-1/2" lift springs and stock Metric Tonne rear leaf springs

All of our Hell Creek leaf springs are Made in the USA.  It takes about a week to manufacture them after you order.

To get your Comanche Club discount when buying on our website, just enter the code - ComancheClub - in the space provided on our 1st checkout page and click the "Recalculate" button. To get your discount by phone, just mention that you are a member of the Comanche Club.

For you members who have Jeepsters, XJs FSJs or any other 4WD, we have kits available for those as well.

Thanks,

Tom Laher

Hell Creek Suspensions, Inc.

(662) 538-5676

http://www.hellcreeksuspensions.com

tlaher@hellcreeksuspensions.com

1989 Comanche 2WD Sport Truck

4-1/2" Hell Creek Lift

1991 XJ Cherokee 4WD - stock for now

1984 CJ-7 - 4 inch Hell Creek Lift

1986 Bronco - stock

I'm interested in the stock metric ton rear leaf springs.  Would those result in a substantial lift in the rear for my otherwise stock truck? 

Also, how much $?  I didn't have much luck browsing the website.

21 minutes ago, saveevryjp1998 said:

What about the centering pins on your leaf packs not being centered? Has this been resolved or is intended to be?

What centering pins? There is only one pin, and that is 5" offset from the numerical center of the spring's length.

1656865394_MetricTonne32SpringSmall.jpg.aaf9e0a0df06738644767580a85ac6d5.jpg

The center pin on each leaf. I have a brand new set and spoke with Tom less than a month ago on the subject. There has been others on here with pics and posts on the same matter. Once the axle is mounted on new packs and installed, your axle/tires do not sit centered in the wheel wells. No, I do not have the packs reversed, the axle sits closer to the front arch and is off around an 1 1/2" or more of being centered.

As you can see from the 97-571 print posted by Don, the division length is 26" on the front of the spring and 31" on the rear of the spring.  These are factory measurements on a stock Metric Ton spring, and also on all of the other MJ factory springs.  Our division lengths on the 4.5" lift spring is 26-1/4" on the front and 31-5/8" on the rear - not that much different from the factory dimensions.  My MJ, pictured on my avatar, has the prototype 4.5"  rear springs installed, and they have the offset mentioned by saveevryjp1998 at rest, but, when the truck is loaded the wheels go back in the wheel well as they go up into the wheel well.  That's the nature of a lifted spring.  We could move the centering pin back about an inch, if everyone thinks that is where it should be, but at full flex, they may hit the rear of the wheel well.  We are open to the forum.  What do you think we should do?

Thanks,

Tom

21 hours ago, dkenitz said:

I'm interested in the stock metric ton rear leaf springs.  Would those result in a substantial lift in the rear for my otherwise stock truck? 

Also, how much $?  I didn't have much luck browsing the website.

Metric Ton springs generally lift the rear of a non-metric ton truck about 1-1/2 inches.  Since factory springs raised the rear about 1-1/2", this would result in your truck being about 3" higher in the rear. They sell for $387.96 each, less the 10% club discount.

Thanks,

Tom

crazy idea here, but is there some sort of design reason why the main leaf couldn't have 2 holes in it?  the original plus another one an inch back?  that would allow for fine tuning.  

Hi, Pete,

An extra hole would make a weak spot in the main leaf.  That is the weakest place on the spring.  As a rule of thumb, if a leaf springs breaks through the center bolt hole, it is because the u-bolts were not tightened properly.

Thanks,

Tom

• 4 weeks later...
On 5/23/2018 at 12:21 PM, HellCreek said:

Since factory springs raised the rear about 1-1/2", this would result in your truck being about 3" higher in the rear. 

Tom,

I'm confused about the part in quotes.  Could you elaborate a bit more?  All in all, your MT springs would raise the rear of my truck approximately 3"?

Thanks much,
Dustin

MT rear springs will raise your truck ~3" over what it is now. New MT's gave me a  ~2-1/2" lift. If you still the original stock 3+1 4-leaf rear springs, they have probably sagged as  much as 2" over the years. To balance it out, consider a new set of OME 930 front coils too. Your front coils probably need to be replaced too if they're the originals.

Don, that makes total sense.  Thanks for clearing that up!  Also appreciate the front coil suggestion as the ones on my truck are most likely originals as well.  I'll be doing some research, but do you have a quick suggestion for shocks all around to match the new MT rears and OME 930 fronts?

Edit:  Found your recommendations in this thread!:  

Don't get shocks until you get the new springs in and see how it sits. You may have to make adjustments up front to get the stance right. After that is done, then you'll know which shocks to purchase based on their expanded and collapsed specs.

16 hours ago, HOrnbrod said:

Don't get shocks until you get the new springs in and see how it sits. You may have to make adjustments up front to get the stance right. After that is done, then you'll know which shocks to purchase based on their expanded and collapsed specs.

Appreciate the advice, Don!  I'll start with rear springs from Tom when I have the funds saved and go from there.

Tom,

Do your stock MT springs have the centering issue mentioned above or does that only apply to the lifted non-MT springs?  Also, do you plan on selling any lifted springs that are uprated to MT-like payload specs?

• 4 weeks later...

Hi,

Sorry, I have been off the forum for a while.  If you need a quicker response, our regular e-mail is tlaher@hellcreeksuspensions.com.  To answer your question,  all of our springs are made to order, but it only takes about a week to make them.  MT springs are stock and have the OEM measurements.  We have since adjusted the center bolt on the lifted springs to move the axle rearward.  All of our lifted springs are the 1440 lb. capacity, which is just short of the 1700 lb. capacity of the metric tons.

Thanks,

Tom