Double din bezel

How can there be a double-DIN bezel for the MJ? The only way to physically fit a double-DIN head in the single-DIN space is to remove the entire heater control unit. Then how do you control your heat (and a/c, if you have it)?

1 hour ago, Eagle said:

How can there be a double-DIN bezel for the MJ? The only way to physically fit a double-DIN head in the single-DIN space is to remove the entire heater control unit. Then how do you control your heat (and a/c, if you have it)?

In the link they modded the heater ducting and moved the HVAC controls down.  He used the 96 style dial controls because the massive slider style control head wouldn't fit.  I'm guessing if you used more of the 97+ parts you could use the 97+ HVAC controls.

Sounds like a lot of messing around to get a double DIN in there.  I've never seen a double DIN I liked enough to bother...

Ya I had seen that this...

4 hours ago, Jeep Driver said:

The one I'm thinking of was a site that had them for sale, I just thought I would buy it when I was closer to putting the dash back in and now I'm paying for the procrastination.   We want to be able to use Android Auto and the google maps for nav.

1 hour ago, TheKelly's said:

Ya I had seen that this...

The one I'm thinking of was a site that had them for sale, I just thought I would buy it when I was closer to putting the dash back in and now I'm paying for the procrastination.   We want to be able to use Android Auto and the google maps for nav.

I've got a tower in every room for large screen TVs, laptops, everyone has a tablet, just bought a new replacement today, work truck is connected,  we all have phones...........sheeeesh, I'm connected up the yinyang. 

My Jeep will be the one place I disconnect.