Auto-Resize Test Pic

HOrnbrod

18 hours ago, HOrnbrod said:

It works!  3072 x 2304 to 800 x 600

Don: What was the original file size for your 3072x2304 image?

20 minutes ago, WyoCherokee said:

no worky for me. Still won't let me load a 1.8KB file. here's one slightly smaller, around 1.7 KB

WyoCherokee: Looking into this.  Perhaps we still have a file size limit somewhere.

3 hours ago, WyoCherokee said:

no worky for me. Still won't let me load a 1.8KB file. here's one slightly smaller, around 1.7 KB

We've tested this a few ways and it appears to be working as intended without any complaints from anybody else.  Perhaps the image you referenced as 1.8KB (very small?) is corrupted in some fashion, and that's why it can't be uploaded.  Maybe it's not a valid format.  I'm not sure.  If you could provide more information, we could dig deeper.

2 hours ago, Minuit said:

I tried to upload a 2.33 MB, 4160x2130 JPEG and it won't let me, saying the maximum size I can upload is 1.95MB. Windows 7 on Chrome, if it matters.

I just figured this out.  Admins had no image size limit on uploads, so the forum was allowing uploads exceeding 2MB by admins only, and not allowing them for members, moderators, etc.  Forum permissions have been adjusted so that members and moderators both have no limit on file size for image uploads.  The forum software will auto-resize the files before they're saved to keep file size reasonable.  Guests still have a 2MB maximum on uploads, but are not allowed to create posts in forums.

3 minutes ago, HOrnbrod said:

Why did my 20.2 Mb pic get auto-resized then?  :confused:

You're an admin, so you were exempt from the 2MB limit all along.  My test worked for the same reason yesterday.  Minuit and WyoCherokee happen to be in the group 'members' which had a 2MB limit on file uploads until a few minutes ago.  Basically I had to remove the limit and enable the image resizing.  I failed to remove the limit.  It's gone now.  Reminds me of Superman 3.  You tech guys know what I mean.

1 minute ago, kryptronic said:

You're an admin, so you were exempt from the 2MB limit all along.  My test worked for the same reason yesterday.  Minuit and WyoCherokee happen to be in the group 'members' which had a 2MB limit on file uploads until a few minutes ago.  Basically I had to remove the limit and enable the image resizing.  I failed to remove the limit.  It's gone now.  Reminds me of Superman 3.  You tech guys know what I mean.

I'm a moderator. Well, no matter, it's good it's working for all now.  :applause:

Just now, HOrnbrod said:

I'm a moderator. Well, no matter, it's good it's working for all now.  :applause:

I thought Minuit was a moderator, but upon checking he's not.  I think that's why I had moderators noted as an issue, and reported it.  Thinking back, just members and guests had the hard 2MB limit.  Moderators did have an overall storage capacity of 1GB, which I did remove figuring those are the people posting approved content in DIY.  Sorry for the confusion.

10 hours ago, kryptronic said:

I thought Minuit was a moderator, but upon checking he's not.  I think that's why I had moderators noted as an issue, and reported it.  Thinking back, just members and guests had the hard 2MB limit.  Moderators did have an overall storage capacity of 1GB, which I did remove figuring those are the people posting approved content in DIY.  Sorry for the confusion.

I was a moderator of the DIY forum at one point. Just checked and the moderator control panel isn't there anymore. But that's how I stickied the DIY project index.