52003151 Mopar 28mm Sway bar / stabilizer bar

That would have been a good score for someone. Once I picked up my first 28 MM bar at the yard, 'errything I owned XJ/MJ wise got one. Makes the whole thing feel noticeably tighter. I also did an aftermarket addco rear bar on my XJ before I sold it. Felt like a gokart.

Rob

Does anyone know if these sway bars have a part number on them, or maybe how much the real thing weighs? I picked up a sway bar at the junkyard that's 28mm in diameter, but I'm not so sure it's the genuine article. It came off a ~93 XJ Sport, so not normally the trim people say they come on.

Just now, Automan2164 said:

That's the thing - I know the sway bar I have is 28mm in diameter. The reason I'm curious is because I noticed less change in the truck's body roll than I expected after installing it.

On 1/2/2018 at 3:41 PM, Minuit said:

That's the thing - I know the sway bar I have is 28mm in diameter. The reason I'm curious is because I noticed less change in the truck's body roll than I expected after installing it.

Do you know what bar you replaced?  I went from my factory 24mm, to a 26mm, to a 28mm on my XJ.  I drive a windy country road to work every day and noticed a slight improvement each time, but going from the 26 to 28 would be less noticeable than going straight to the 28 from 24, which is what I did on my MJ.

4 hours ago, schardein said:

Do you know what bar you replaced?  I went from my factory 24mm, to a 26mm, to a 28mm on my XJ.  I drive a windy country road to work every day and noticed a slight improvement each time, but going from the 26 to 28 would be less noticeable than going straight to the 28 from 24, which is what I did on my MJ.

I had the 24mm bar. 

On 1/2/2018 at 3:41 PM, Minuit said:

The only place I use poly bushings on anything is on the sway bars, both front and rear. I use them both for the bar bushings and the end link bushings. They make a very noticeable difference in the rigidity of the bar over the stock rubber bushings and work better for me.

On 1/4/2018 at 10:19 AM, HOrnbrod said:

The only place I use poly bushings on anything is on the sway bars, both front and rear. I use them both for the bar bushings and the end link bushings. They make a very noticeable difference in the rigidity of the bar over the stock rubber bushings and work better for me.

I'm still using rubber endlink bushings - agreed, that's probably taking away a lot of my improvement. I'll probably swap to poly bushings at some point.