Death wobble is getting old

Damn, I swore I was done with this thread. I have already way over made my point, let the reader decide. However, I feel obligated to respond the the issue about bumpsteer. Bumpsteer has nothing to do with the size or weight of a vehicle. Bumpsteer happens when the steering geometry and suspension geometry are not aligned so the vehicle automatically steers slightly when the suspension cycles, like when hitting a bump. When the steering and suspension are in alignment the steering does not move as the suspension cycles up and down. When they are not aligned, the steering moves as the suspension cycles and this change in steering direction is called bumpsteer. The typical bumpsteer cause on our straight axle Jeeps is when the track bar/panhard rod is at a different angle and/or length than the drag link. With the track bar, the axle moves slightly sideways as the suspension cycles, and if the drag link isn't aligned with the track bar then there will be a slight steering input change as the suspension cycles causing a slight movement of the tires and wheels. This slight change is called bumpsteer, there is a slight direction change as the suspension cycles...bumpsteer. A steering stabilizer does nothing to change this as it is a result of a hard relationship between steering and suspension. To eliminate bumpsteer, the drag link needs to be aligned with the track bar.

I'm done with this thread also but I will agree with you 100% about bump steer. cRusty's WJ lift comes with a drop pitman arm but nothing for the track bar. That was the scariest driving Jeep I ever drove.

I decided to lift it after Goatman pulled me off a beer can in JV. Sadly I choose poorly and went with cRusty's. A few weeks later I had a BDS lift on it.