Calling All Students

Eagle

Is anyone a full-time student who can buy software at "academic" prices?

I occasionally use AutoCAD LT, but not enough to justify dropping lots of money to stay current. My newest version is 2000, and it's getting to where clients on the current versions of AutoCAD can't even save back to a format I can open, so I guess I need to buy a new copy (AutoCAD LT 2000 is too old to qualify for upgrade pricing).

The current price for LT 2008 is $899 ... which ain't gonna happen. If anyone is a full-time student who can qualify for the student price, would you be kind enough to check into the academic price? If it's lower by enough that I could actually afford to buy it, would you be willing to buy a copy for me and ship it on if I send you the money?

Thanks

Hey EAGLE i may be able to get a discount price thru the military. We ar eable to buy all kinds of comp prices at real good deals. Its just a matter of checking and seeing if what you need is offered. I can get Micro XP for 20 bucks just to give you an idea of how much cheaper.

Cole

OK i can only get 3 copies of XP and they are spoken for. I am going to find out the price tomm. cause i had to sign in a webpage and wait for verification. Hopefully i can get the 06 one for 20 but i think the 07 is going to be a little more but we will see. As far as the auto cad i will do some more digging but i havent found it yet.

Cole

I am a student and yes I get mad deals on software. 8)

Eagle i'll check it out for you here real soon, I need to get the URL from one of my teachers...

So your looking for the latest and greatest AutoCAD? Does it have a specific title?

I am a student and yes I get mad deals on software. 8)

Eagle i'll check it out for you here real soon, I need to get the URL from one of my teachers...

So your looking for the latest and greatest AutoCAD? Does it have a specific title?

For anyone looking into this for me, I don't think that even at academic prices I can afford full AutoCAD -- especially since I would need the Architectural Desktop version, not plain vanilla AutoCAD. What I'm looking for is AutoCAD LT 2007 (or 2008, if there is such a critter). I could probably do okay with AutoCAD LT 2006 if that's all that's available.

Thanks again for checking, guys. I appreciate it.

• 3 weeks later...

We're getting closer to the start of the academic year, so I'd like to renew my request. The need is becoming more critical, but (unfortunately) the available cash is not increasing commensurately so I really REALLY need to find someone who can buy this program at a student rate.

Any full-time students willing to drop an e-mail to Autodesk and ask if they offer student pricing for AutoCAD LT 2007? I'd really appreciate it.

We're getting closer to the start of the academic year, so I'd like to renew my request. The need is becoming more critical, but (unfortunately) the available cash is not increasing commensurately so I really REALLY need to find someone who can buy this program at a student rate.

Any full-time students willing to drop an e-mail to Autodesk and ask if they offer student pricing for AutoCAD LT 2007? I'd really appreciate it.

I know the computer sci teacher at my local college pretty well. I'll see what he can do if anything.

If that doesn't work I suppose I'll try to send an email directly to Autodesk but I don't know how sympathetic they will be...

Now that we're up to Labor Day and the start of the academic year, are any other students reading this forum who might be able to get academic pricing on a copy of AutoCAD LT 2008?

I can't. There isn't any nationwide website that offers discounts to students on any CAD software. Adobe and Microsoft are one thing.

I think your best bet would be to find an engineering student (i'm just a community college low life) who knows the field better. I've even talked to my computer science teacher personally and he did not have a clue where you could get some discounted.

Black market? Sorry Eagle, I really hope somebody can pull through for you.

I would be amazed if Autodesk doesn't have a student sales program, but I have no idea how to tap into finding out about such a critter. I won't do black market, though. Grey market I can live with, both because the stuff at list price is obscenely over-priced and because Autodesk has screwed me multiple times, but I won't lower myself to the level of software piracy.

Hmmm ...

$138 at http://www.studentdiscounts.com/

If anyone is willing to work with me to buy a copy and reship it to me, please drop me a PM