The $#!& Getter Build

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No $#!&! Suppose that cage kit is from D&C? I designed that cage! Curious to see how it all fits with s ‘97+ swap. The original was mocked up in my ‘86. I’ll for sure be watching!!!:beerchug:

Just now saw this reply sorry lol but yeah hopefully it'll fit all right I need to cut it up to get it in the welds on it aren't great anyway. Not sure if I'm gonna use it yet or not just got it cause it was cheap.. probably gonna be one of the last things I do.. the cage in my Cherokee came out of a pre 97 and fits great so I'm hoping the same for this one. I'll be sure to post pics and such when the time comes

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Got some done to the truck today.. With having a hard time putting money away for paint right now I've decided to start using up some of the parts I've had laying around.. get the garage cleaned up and truck closer to being done then hopefully have it painted in the spring.. I started today by mocking up the Dana 44. Got all the brackets cut up and the diff disassembled to a bare housing and bolted up under the leaf springs. I've got it where I want it just need to tack the pads in figured out how I'm gonna mount the shocks and burn it all in.. Then once the 44 is completely done gears, brakes and all I will move to the front.. I have most of what I need for the 30 minus a few things oh and a Dana 30 lol.

1c0f0f941e9cb3db3d05dbe873bd644d.jpg

20 hours ago, Rockdrummer93 said:

Just now saw this reply sorry lol but yeah hopefully it'll fit all right I need to cut it up to get it in the welds on it aren't great anyway. Not sure if I'm gonna use it yet or not just got it cause it was cheap.. probably gonna be one of the last things I do.. the cage in my Cherokee came out of a pre 97 and fits great so I'm hoping the same for this one. I'll be sure to post pics and such when the time comes

You bought it used?:confused:

Let me know if you’re serious about linking the rear. A rear MJ kit has been on my radar for a while now. 

You bought it used?:confused:

Let me know if you’re serious about linking the rear. A rear MJ kit has been on my radar for a while now. 

Yeah by used I mean installed lol not actually "used" lol I doubt I'll link the rear of this one for what I'm gonna use it for leaf springs will do just fine

• 4 weeks later...

More done this weekend.. Picked up a cable shifter a little while back and got it installed. Got the crossmember bolted up as well.. fit pretty well did have to trim up some on the driver side for the tcase and gonna have to do some magic with the exhaust but I’ll deal with that when the time comes. I picked up a 30 Saturday so gonna start tearing into that soon. Gonna try and get the rear end buttoned up in the next week or so then will move on to the front.

1841569842d3ec875020edd2c23946bf.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Got the leaf pads burned in on the 44 this weekend and dropped at my buddy’s place to get geared as well as the 30 tore down and ready for a truss.. they had some redneck fabbed track bar bracket and the passenger side upper was bent so I cut those off.. Also got the carpet in and cut and a few other things tied up. Gonna try and order the truss and such in the next few weeks and try to get the 30 put together.

fcde79d160bb83d1cefbfc97f3f62f03.jpg

• 4 months later...

Alright so finally got the 44 back today and put in. It’s gonna come back out for paint and such later but for now I want to get it all together enough to roll it out of the garage to put the bed back on. It’s been sitting in my back yard since probably before Christmas and I’m very surprised HOA hasn’t complained. but I’m tired of looking at it sit there so I’m gonna put it back on this weekend.. Once that is on and the Jeep is back in the garage I’ll set the front up on stands and get it ready for the Dana 30. I have changed my mind with the Ironman4x4 crossmember and decided not to use it on the Comanche. Reason is it started to creep over into the more custom side of things which defeated the whole purpose of this build plus I want this thing useable sooner so I just went with a Rough Country long arm kit. I ran it for a while on my Cherokee and didn’t seem to have an issue out of it till I got into some harder wheeling which this Jeep will not be a part of. Prospects for the Ironman crossmember isn’t our yet through since I’ll be putting it on my Cherokee and rebuilding the link set up on it. Hopefully will be ordering the rest for the 30 in the next few weeks and getting this thing on the road!

3faefc505415449b74a830ba296aaf8d.jpg

09178e5cff7f8335971fca01078ebac9.jpg

Got the Jeep out of the garage for a little while this weekend.. Got the bed back on and the driver side rear fender trimmed up. I ordered some interior paint that’ll be here tomorrow. Planning on ordering gears for the 30 this week.. it’s coming together..

f91f32cf29e9ee66ce550e3c1f3680a1.jpg

Interior paint came in.. Got started on getting the Comanche specific panels painted to match the Agate colored 98’ dash and door panels. Sold a few things recently and gonna order either the truss or gears tomorrow not sure what yet. I’m planning on running the same steering track bar set up I had on my Cherokee before I did the axle swap. Run JCR’s 1 ton over knuckle steering with a TNT customs over axle track bar. I want to get the truss done and it off for gears before I order all of that cause I’m not sure how long gearing it will take.

4cac175770ed15015ff48bbcad2d063d.jpg

Summit was on point! Ordered the truss and stuff last night and it showed up today! Still waiting on the upper control arm tabs which were drop shipped but I’m alright with that. Should order gears within the next week or so.

693de442b1b3409e36828ae15067c432.jpg

• 1 month later...

Got the Dana 30 finished up last weekend. Waiting to get my headliner back from the upholstery shop. Next going to be ordering a track bar and some steering. Hopefully not much longer and she’ll be drivable.

5b64d2fbedfebff7167d43207bffd991.jpg

Got the 30 under Friday. Arms are all connected, springs are in and it’s sitting on its own weight. Also got my headliner back. I need to pick a day here soon to go through the whole interior and tie up some loose ends before I can put it in and finish up the interior. Next is to order a track bar, steering and to get the gas tank in permanently.. I’m driving up to Chicago this coming weekend so I’ll loose out on that weekend but hopefully I can make it up in the next few weeks after the summer semester and before the fall semester.

faaca928afefb492684fc8f49f1109dd.jpg

8a56496751be67e9fed343bb6b7f8b93.jpg

f63fadb66fa86fbe9904227e55355565.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

So ending day one of the loose end weekend.. I replaced all the front panels with same tan color panels and got it all together along with a front bumper.. also started checking all wires and interior features to make sure they all worked. Both window motors need to be replaced and the passenger mirror doesn’t adjust but no biggie. Also got the tail lights all wired and working. Tomorrow I will be getting the tank mounted up and hopefully get it running again by the end of the day.. I will also try to get the rest of the interior installed and finished up as well.

b78c689838eb0b6b4dcbb1628e5c0dc7.jpg

Interior is all in.. I need to get a good cleaning of everything might end up replacing the whole center console cause it’s so dirty but it’s what I had so it’s what I’m using for a little while.. about all the interior needs now is the visors. Also the tank is in and mounted solid.. need to get some fuel filler hoses this weekend before I can fill her up and hit the key so we’ll see.. getting real closer here!!!

83ff2a0bbbfe4de65c5618a6aa60630d.jpg

a30fbcaa261ec7d07614722374d31510.jpg

• 1 month later...

Okay well I know it’s been almost 2 months since my last post but all is still good.. I have still been doing little things here and there.. The Jeep is almost ready for its maiden voyage. I have steering and ordered my track bar last week.. dropped off my knuckles and pitman arm today to get reamed for the new steering so hopefully should be able to install it all this weekend. Then it’s all about putting it all together filling up the fluids and hoping it make it out the driveway..