How to take apart the Tailgate ?

Does anyone know how to take apart the tailgate ?

i am trying to install a custom rear view camera in it because there is no were convenient to install it on the bumper

i see that its spot wielded together but i thought maybe someone has took theres apart to fix it like if it needed body work

i also checked online but all i could find was how to take the tailgate handle apart not the actual tailgate

my plan was to install the camera some-wear in the middle of the tailgate either above or below the JEEP logo

then run a wire threw it to the corner of the truck and up to the cabin

i know that its tricky but i already have the truck tooken all apart and i havent painted it yet so now would be a good time to do it 

Tooken?  That's cool. 

Drilling out all the spot welds in the tailgate would be a tremendous PITA. Are you talking about a backup camera? I'd put it under one of the tail lamps sandwiched between the inner and outer fenders. Plenty of room there...

Taking the tailgate apart would end up being WAY more work than it's worth.

Perhaps build a flat square or rectangle plate slightly larger than the camera.  Mount the camera to that plate.  Cut a hole in the tailgate for the camera body to fit into.  Screw or rivet the plate to the tailgate.  Should be room above and below the release handle for a small camera.  Below the handle would give you a downward angled surface which should help with the range of the camera view for backing up.

If you weren't aware, they make universal fit "tailgate cameras" as well...... 

duo.jpg?v=1371125259

or license plate mounted ones.........

1a47ad12f98bff0cc4d0cc45c971b434.image.7

I use the license plate camera mounts. they are easy adjustable and easy to replace. Here in Texas the lens gets burn out about every 3 to 5 years. The MJ I have has the video on the rear mirror. I wired it to be on all the time since it takes up a very small part of the screen. My other trucks all have the double din so radio with video works best. Frys sell the Boss camera they can be had for 4.99 on sale and normal price is 19.99.

if hellbent on tailgate mount, I would cut an access hole on the "inside"  of the tailgate and mount outward. thenjust make a screw/bolt on access cover for the back hole you cut.  leaving the outter body work perfect and original.