Rags to Riches: 1990 Comanche build up *with pics*

so as far as the Anvil Gray, i went down to the paint store today. i don't know what shade it is. we just looked up the code for Anvil Gray for a 2015 Wrangler. so i chose to do a single stage as this is just a truck and ive had good luck with the Utec brand of there single stage. Unfortunately we could not mix that formula in the single stage using the color code, so we where able to do some wizardry skills and figure out a formula that will work in a single stage paint. I'm looking forward to getting it spayed up. i will admit, when i go to paint it....all I'm after is to have a decent looking truck. I'm going to fix a few problem areas, shoot some primer where its needed, and then shoot color from there. I'm only going to take just the easy removables off. not going for a full  on project as i already have one of those in my garage...lol. again my goal is to have things some what done and ready for moab by March 24th.  as of right now i have everything ordered except for the tires and lift kit. I'm waiting till the weekend for one of my cars to sell and then ill order them.  here's a few pics of the paint that i bought today. i realize the lighting is horrible for trying to capture the color.

How did you wire the 4wd light on the dash?

I bought a T-case switch for a 91 Wrangler and ran my own wires from the switch up to where the part-time 4wd light is on the side of the engine bay. But I wanna see how I can hook up the full-time 4wd light now. I may just switch the wiring to light it up and just leave the part-time light alone. I need to do some digging through wiring diagrams first.

Well tonight I scored a Chrysler 8.25 for a 100 dollar bill. I know it's no Dana 44 but from what I read, it's a lot better then what my truck has now ( dana 35) everyone seems to (or says) they break easy. So I figured the C8.25 was a good move some I'll be putting 33's on it.

ea6b004de41dd5f1a2292279614190b9.jpg

3d13830896c824e386e38a5c796ada38.jpg

well today me and a few of my friends took a little light offroading up Bang's canyon. obviously its all stock, but it was still fun. here's some pics. i also ordered some new wheels. this time 15x8 with a 1" BS. i hope they look good and not mexi poke but either way ill beal with it. 

Welcome back to the Comanche sickness! I seem to remember talking VWs with you a while back. Looks like a good collection there in your first post. I'm a bit of a sucker for early aircooled and MK1s.

Ya I love all the early mk1s. My green car just made cover and poster of the Volksamerica magazine. 91677df3304e2c2e8a6e0bea527f7381.jpg

6802b3545e6f07dd733801f4d6fc8fc2.jpg

well it has a wasserboxer 2.1L swap out of a vanagon, K03 turbo, ls2 coils mounted on plugs, microsquirt EFI, hidden crank trigger, 4 piston brake calipers up front, coilovers on all 4 corners, built IRS trans, 4 point roll bar, porsche gauges, race type seats. theres a very quick and dirty run down. lots more but it gives you an idea. but the magazine and read all about it. 

the gray looks really nice. ive been assembling the last few days, and painting the mirrors and wiper arms black again. i figure i might as well since i have them off. i feel painting the little thins will make the biggest difference once its all together. today I'm going to get the 97+ front end assembled. once i get it togather ill post up some pics of the finished truck outside.