Apollo 18, Saturn missile?

Ouch, sorry to see that. Hopefully her parents can cut you a cheque for the body shop quote and then you can do the work yourself cheaper. Might even be enough to do your swap.

Sent from my SM-N900W8 using Tapatalk

Why not? She's entitled. Hey Dad, bend over - again.  :yes:

I hope not, but it could be a CYOA move on his part.

Could be, but also might be due to me cutting them some slack. Highway Patrol said I could insist on a report, or, they could call their insurance and admit she pulled out in front of me. This keeps her from getting a ticket, and neither of us gets an accident on our record. If I have any problems, I call the officer and she filed a report, issued a ticket.

Just need to figure out what year donor I need for the swap.

Current: 4.0, Renix, AX15, 2wd

Planned: 4.0, Renix, auto, 4x4

Do you want to keep your current rear axle? I used a 98 XJ as a donor, so I got the Chrysler 8.25, and HP D30 with larger U joints. I went to 3.55 gears instead of 3.07's, but I'm swapping 2wd AX15 with 4wd AX15.

Sent from my SM-N900W8 using Tapatalk

Sorry to see this happen. It's a shame to have one of our own wrecked like that. It's always funny to me to see how badly damaged the other car or van is compared to the well built MJ/XJ.

Yeah, it bites. If her insurance makes a decent offer, I should come out ok.

The good thing here is that no one was hurt.  We all need to remember that our cars and trucks are just metal that can be replaced or fixed.

Years ago my daughter had a part time job after school.  Another girl she worked with was picked up by her boyfriend at lunch time for a quick trip to McDonalds for a burger.  The car was T-boned 2 blocks away.  The girl died. 

The good thing here is that no one was hurt. We all need to remember that our cars and trucks are just metal that can be replaced or fixed.

Years ago my daughter had a part time job after school. Another girl she worked with was picked up by her boyfriend at lunch time for a quick trip to McDonalds for a burger. The car was T-boned 2 blocks away. The girl died.

I couldn't agree more. First thing I did was make sure she was ok.

Your 5 speed truck likely has a 3.07 final drive.  Auto trans equipped XJ/MJ's were equipped with 3.55 final drive, as I am sure you know.  Getting a 4x4 as your parts source is a great idea.  This may also be a good time to get 97+ doors on your truck (if you are so inclined).  I wish I had done 97+ doors on mine 6 years ago when had the truck fixed and repainted.

4.10 final gearing is also something to consider when you do your 4x4 conversion, but it would be extra money.

I've read on here the seals can be replaced with later seals. The windows make no difference to me.

Good news is the estimate is enough to satisfy me. Hopefully they will agree to cut me a check and I'll sign off on it, so they are not liable for any hidden damage and not total it.

• 2 weeks later...