WJ lower control arm question(s)

Here is where it's making contact with the lower bracket , this is with the front axle jacked up and it's barely lifted off of the jack stands .

now that is weird. how much lift? what do you have for upper control arms?

my arms were installed in the normal orientation. clearance to that particular spot in the control arm mounts was tight, but my truck had no lift so if contact was to happen it would have been under droop and so I paid it no mind.

mine was the same way with slight droop. I just ground a bunch off and it's good enough now. I had more trouble with the upper arms clearance at the frame.

I think your lift is your whole issue... just my thoughts.  you could notch the axle, (I wouldn't), or notch the control arms in that contact location to get them to clear/fit.   personally id just give up on the WJ arms and get tubular replacements.

The reason I ask is because on the WJs the oval bushing goes axle side .

really?  huh.  guess I had it backwards all along. :dunno:   learn something new every day :D

I thought I had mine in backwards for the longest time too until I looked it up. I guess there really isn't a "normal" way to mount WJ LCAs on an MJ.  :yes:

Well after reading the threads Don posted and what Pete and everyone else suggested I think my two best options are drop brackets or both the control arms to clear .

Drop brackets will also give better geometry correct ?

And if I notch the arms and have my buddy who is a certified welder put them together there shouldn't be any I'll effects right ?

Thanks for all the help gentlemen .

Or get a pair of ~16" curved "fixed length" WJ LCAs. Superlift and others make them. Might be cheaper in the long run than welding drop brackets on.

12004672_f520.jpg

IIRC your lift is quite a bit less than 4". Using drop brackets may decrease caster and increase the pinion angle out of specs, but I'm not sure by how much. :dunno:  Using the "fixed length" LCAs close to stock length you can still dial in the caster using shims behind the LCAs. 

Or get a pair of ~16" curved "fixed length" WJ LCAs. Superlift and others make them. Might be cheaper in the long run than welding drop brackets on.

12004672_f520.jpg

IIRC your lift is quite a bit less than 4". Using drop brackets may decrease caster and increase the pinion angle out of specs, but I'm not sure by how much. :dunno: Using the "fixed length" LCAs close to stock length you can still dial in the caster using shims behind the LCAs.

I'm fine with that Don , thanks . I know there's going to be mixed reviews , but who has recommendations of good arms to get ? I'm not looking to break the bank or buying the cheapest either....

Edit: wouldn't I need XJ arms because the WJ arms would be too wide at the mounts .