• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

a little update

finaly got some time to do a little work on the manch today , i managed

to cut off the the old rocker guards to make room for the new ones I'm building

wire in the backup lights that are in the bumper and rewire the amp so it stops draining the battery and shortened the winch power cables .

then topped all that off with some fresh paint on both bumpers.

not much but it sure was nice to do something on it

• 1 month later...

Got to work on the manch on sunday , so i fabed up the brackets to relocate the track bar . it was a little difficult because the steering is so close to the passenger spring bucket already and i had to adjust the steering stops because of the OTK so the goal was to fab the brackets so i didnt have to limit the steering any more

this is how close it was to start

and the begening stages of the bracket

added some gussets for strength

and did a whole bunch of grinding/cuting/testfiting and welding to get it

to this point

then i shortened the track bar and bolted it all up and here is a before and

after shot

it drove a heck of alot better , though the bump steer wasnt all that bad too begin with there was a noticable change . there was also alot more body role but once i get the swaybar all hooked up again it will be alright

Would love to see some specs or links to more info on the front bumper as well.

Thanks,

Mike

Well i made the bumper at my budys shop , it is 1.5 pipe and 3/8 plate to the frame and some 1/4 plate for the winch mount, that is prity much it . other than we made that in about an hour and a half ( we were bored and we were prity hamered) but it came out how i wanted.

well i got my 3.4 (93 camaro 66,000) on hold for me up in sacramento and going to pick it up next weekend , was a bit more than i wanted to spend but it got a 6 month waranty and I'm happy so i can't ask for much more.

i can't wait i started school wednesday at gwinnett tech (like the second runner up in tech schools in the SE to NTI/UTI i only wish i could go there (luckyass :insert middle finger smiley here: )) we get to wrench on our trucks in the shop, luckily I'm in the toyota t-ten program and they just put in 10 new hydraulic lifts in, and then theres the floor lifts :brows:

but i can only use them for day projects, can't be left there overnight :cry:

congradulations on the schooln jamminz.gif

ya i went to NTI and it was bada$$ but we could only work on our truck if we had already taken the class for what we were workin on like if u needed to do brakes u could only do them if u were in breaks class or already taken the class, but there were ways around that :roll: .

outa courosity whats that school cost caus at the time NTI cost i think 26.xxx.xx or something and compaired to my brothers 3 years at the local JC and 4 at UC stanislaus it was a drop in the bucket (for my parents of course :yes: ) .

don't laugh, 535 a quarter for 2 years.

i can't wait i started school wednesday at gwinnett tech (like the second runner up in tech schools in the SE to NTI/UTI i only wish i could go there (luckyass :insert middle finger smiley here: )) we get to wrench on our trucks in the shop, luckily I'm in the toyota t-ten program and they just put in 10 new hydraulic lifts in, and then theres the floor lifts :brows:

but i can only use them for day projects, can't be left there overnight :cry:

congradulations on the schooln jamminz.gif

ya i went to NTI and it was bada$$ but we could only work on our truck if we had already taken the class for what we were workin on like if u needed to do brakes u could only do them if u were in breaks class or already taken the class, but there were ways around that :roll: .

outa courosity whats that school cost caus at the time NTI cost i think 26.xxx.xx or something and compaired to my brothers 3 years at the local JC and 4 at UC stanislaus it was a drop in the bucket (for my parents of course :yes: ) .

don't laugh, 535 a quarter for 2 years.

thats not bad at all except ur stuck there for 2 years i was in and out in a year but it will still be the best money spent in ur life , well except what goes to the manch :brows:

good luck jamminz.gif :cheers:

• 3 weeks later...

well i got the old 2.8 out this past weekend and the 3.4 is being dressed

up with everything from the 2.8 but i still got a bunch of things left to do

but as soon as i get the flywheel back from the machine shop il atleast be

able to drop the engine in and finsh off the rest , ill get some pics up in a

couple o days jamminz.gif

• 2 weeks later...

well tell me what ya think so far . here i got the motor out , it wasnt that bad over all but we will see just how good my memory is when i go to put it back in as i didnt mark all the things i disconected :brows: :roll:

the 3.4 on the stand after i steamed it off and removed some of the B.S. that was left on it (accories and what not)

note in this pic the knock sensor and crank sensor (to be removed)

and here are a couple teaser shots of the engine !

the crank sensor was pulled and replaced with a freez plug and i did the same thing to the cps on the top/front of the engine

o ya i for got to mention the new edelbrock intake 8)

and atop its new home

i going back in to work tomorow to hopefully finsh the engine and maby get it siting the truck but we will see

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

ITS ALIVE , i didnt get a chance to work on it this weekend cuz of easter but the wife got off work early today (she picked up the kid) so that gave me a couple of hours to wrench and stuf but it runs . i was off by a mile on the initial timing due to a slight mis calculation :roll: , but a little fiddiling and it runs . i still got to adjust the carb and what not but it RUNS!!! :banana:

Well i drove it home the other day and boy does it get up and move , i was poking around the yard at work letn it warm up and was making a fairly tight turn (on pavement) and in second gear 1500 rpm i jumped on it at about 3/4 throttle and it spun around on me and it was awsome . though i have yet to put some more seat time in it so far it feals great and definately worth the money.

o ya and i found out that i have a 5th gear jamminz.gif

• 3 months later...

Well i havent done much to the manche but move it from one end of the yard and back a whole bunch since i got it done due to a suspicious headgasket issue. today i got a chance to work on it and did a few tests and found that i have a blown headgasket .

it seems that every time i think I'm gona get it done and driveable somethn else goes wrong that i don't have the time or the money to fix but i gues thats the way things work sometimes.

• 1 month later...

Got to work on the manch today so i can try to get it wheel able by sep 13.

id been driving around with no rear shocks since i got it lifted like 2 years ago but it didnt matter since it wasnt drivable .but finaly got a chance to build the mount for them and get some shocks under it , what yal think.

here is the design, it mounts between the rear x on the frame above the rear axel

with the upper mounts welded on

some of the welds , not to shabby i think

and the finshed product

and of course a poser shot just because

• 3 weeks later...

last weekend i got the front axle out so i could tear it down get it geared and toss it back in so i could go wheeling this weekend so I'm going to be cuting it close .

it sucks having to work on the ground outside in the blazing heat

(ya I'm spoiled with the lifts)

after the teardown i steam cleaned it and started in on the little stuff like welding the inside of the LCA brackets and 1/4 plate skids

today i started messing with the front axle shafts by pulling off the stubs and installing the new outers that go to the hub conversion kit and i got to make a new track bar mount (frame side) as the stock one is showing signs of fatigue

and the turned rotors to fit

Well I'm sure cuting it close as i picked up my front axle today at 5pm and by 7pm i had the shafts , hub conversion ,new upper bushings,shocks longarms and wheels on it ready to role it under the truck tomorrow and after that i gota measure up for a front drive shaft and shorten one of the spares i got put it on the trailer wile crossing my fingers that all the lights work on the trailer. I'm verry excited though being as its been alittle over 4 years since iv wheeled the manch but sometimes life justs get in the way but owell. il post some pics later when I'm not tired

Awesome build! Nice "floor jack"...

BTW you should mass produce these and sell them:

thats not a bad idea but well see.

well i got it all done on friday and on the trailer to hollister but i still had to fill the front diff and put the front U-joint straps on once i got to camp.

the truck performed great excepet for a broken driver side front hub but at least it didnt break right away , i got some video and "A" picture (of the truck out on the trail) because my buddy that came with me is a moron and can't manage to work a digital camera or get a good video to save his hide but owell :headpop: .

well here is me sporting the CC hat this morning before we left in front of the manch

this is my 1 pick, at the begining of jungle trail

and here is the vids

first one is me doing some donuts and the last to are me going through jungle tail

http://nl.youtube.com/watch?v=-vmVYJdRG8M

http://nl.youtube.com/watch?v=PAMZ9F7FdM0

http://nl.youtube.com/watch?v=pk_kiecal_0

and a couple of the the tow rig and manche

so that was my weekend , i got one more video and if i can figure how to edit/shorten it il post it , its of me breaking my hub on a hill climb.

Ya i love donuts to, especialy in the manche as it does them so well . but i have to be carefull now as it sits so high it tends to want to grab as u can see in the vid . i talked to my budy at RightGear & Axle today and he said that a new hub is coming from milemarker on waranty jamminz.gif so there is no out of pocket on that one but he neglected to tell me how much a spare is gona set me back but il find out later .

hey CW do u get much flex out of ur rear shock setup, i mean does the angle iron flex ?

• 2 months later...