Intake options

I usually run a cone filter, but connect the the two big vac lines - one from the front of valve cover  -  one from the evap. and I still have the EGR etc...the only thing missing is the thermostatic air filter passive warm air from the manifold.  So I keep the stock airbox, and put it back every 2 yrs. to go get it smogged. 

But ... I don't really notice the difference (performance wise) except for it's quieter with the stock box than the cone.  I like the cone because I can get to everything easier, more room in the engine bay.

I usually run a cone filter, but connect the the two big vac lines - one from the front of valve cover - one from the evap. and I still have the EGR etc...the only thing missing is the thermostatic air filter passive warm air from the manifold. So I keep the stock airbox, and put it back every 2 yrs. to go get it smogged.

But ... I don't really notice the difference (performance wise) except for it's quieter with the stock box than the cone. I like the cone because I can get to everything easier, more room in the engine bay.

We don't have any smog tests so I don't care about that. I mostly just want more room and simplicity

• 2 weeks later...

First you might look at the 'THOR' intake conversion. As to the oil in the air filter, look ay 'Blow-By' threads.  Basically, you have in imbalance of air pressures between the airbox and the valve cover. A simple fix might be to take out the hose going from the valve cover to the air filter. Get one of the valve cover filter, they sell at Auto parts stores. What I have found, is you have a leak at the valve cover gasket and or the CCV lines need replaced.  I did 'Update' my Renix to a '95 valve cover and no oil in the Airbox. Updated the CCV lines. Had to splice the rear line together. Also, the 93-95 Grand Cherokees have a cast aluminum valve cover that has the latter style grommets. They do show up on Cherokes from time to time. I am putting one on my '98 XY and my '88 MJ.

do this and no more oil unless motor is shot.

http://cruiser54.com/?p=131

Interesting, will this prevent oil from coming out?

It's an unofficial fix and it works. While you're at it, replace the fittings on the top of the valve cover, especialy the rear one. The rear one comes with a new pipe and orifice also.

http://cruiser54.com/?p=121