Lincoln locker??

Okay, okay... I don't have a pic.

Weld the spiders to the side gears. Weld the side gears to the case. Weld the spider gears to the case. Make sure the weld is good and thick, you want as much mass in there as possible or it is more likely something will break. It's unfortunate that it is a c-clip axle, otherwise you can take a peice of FB and weld that inside the carrier too, then just keep making passes across the carrier until it is entirely full of weld.

Don't weld the centre pin. Don't weld the axleshafts, gearset, bearing, and all the other 'duh' parts.

thank you I just need a pic. I am not doing this the weld shop is and he has never done this before so i will take pic after and make sure that you guys think that it will hold if not i guess it is time to upgrade to a 44 or 60

:nuts:

that is what i told the guy to do weld all point that touch on both sides so i should be ok. Maybe after a year of setting in my shop next weekend i might be able to drive this thing will i have said that before.

When I weld up spiders, I weld all four corners as well as fill in the teeth of the spiders. Thefirst time I welded up a carrier the tacks broke the spider gear, and chunks of metal rolled around in my diff til I get a chance to reweld. The i filled all the teeth in, and as far as I know it is still together, and that was 2 yrs ago....

• 2 weeks later...
It'll work. You might still blow the spider gears like that. Hence I'd personally have welded it an aweful lot more. But that's me.

It's unlikely you'll have any problems.

He put 2 welds on all 8 points so I hope that it will hold up. So I should have him weld it up a little more before I put it under the truck.

I really wouldn't worry. The problem is the spider/side gears like to blow in half. The only way to fix that is to weld them to the carrier. Then things can get tricky if you ever want to get them out.

If you don't wheel entirely with the throttle, you should be okay.

If you don't wheel entirely with the throttle, you should be okay.

Hell I don’t wheel this truck it has been in my shop for a year and I am still an offroad virgin. So this thing should look kick a$$ at the mall with some 28’s spinners . :chillin:

But back on track thanks for your input all you guys rock and thanks again. COMANCHE CLUB ROCKS jamminz.gif :cheers: jamminz.gif

Auto? 10. Stick? 1.

what?? if you are asking if the truck is an auto or stick it is a five speed

this thread gets me thinking of things to do before i chuck the D35.. :D jamminz.gif

how many sahweet burnouts you think i could get off before i blow it... bets anybody?!