Transfer case indicator dress up

I've been on leave for a couple days, so had time to fiddle.

I've got an extra NP231 transfer case indicator panel/bezel.  The colors were faded.  See first pic.

I ripped apart a spare Cherokee automatic transmission indicator panel (actually it was broke and finished ripping it apart) and found a blue plastic "film"which gives color to the indicator.  I cut this with scissors to fit most of the shift pattern.

I cut a piece of red bumper sticker (from a handy Semper Fi! bumper sticker.  Doesn't everyone have a stash of those?) and used it for the 4L.

The auto trans piece is also a source for red film, it indicates what gear you are in.  I used that for another project though.

The bumper sticker was self stick, the blue film was cut to size so it almost stuck in there on its own.  I used a couple small pieces of scotch tape to help it stay put.  If that doesn't do the trick, I'm sure a couple dabs of white glue or even super glue would work.

Second pic shows the finished project, third pic shows the finished product from the back and some of the parts sources.

If the army and the navy

ever look on Heaven's scenes

They will find the streets are guarded

By UNITED STATES MARINES

Yeah, but the Marines couldn't get there unless the Navy carried them.  

True.  

Although for my first combat tour, I flew in, commercial air.  Our equipment came off MPF ships, which I believe had civilian crews.

My second and third combat tours, I flew commercial, except for the final leg which was in an Air Force C130.

My limited time on actual Navy ships was for training during RimPac.

MPF ships are part of the Military Sealift Command (MSC), which is a sub-command of the Navy. Just like the USMC. The Marine Commandant and the Navy CNO are both members of the Joint Chiefs, and both work for the SecNAV.  But hey, we all had our jobs to do.   :cheers:

• 3 weeks later...