Bolt on roll pan

So here in a couple months I'll be starting another mj build hopefully. And I already plan on putting a roll pan bumper on it.

I was kind of curious to see if anybody would be interested in bolt on roll pans...

I haven't even looked at the bed yet to see how it would work, I've got a couple ideas, but haven't got far yet.

Mine will have a hidden hitch behind the license plate. I'll just use my hitch plates and modify a set to get me started.

Any suggestions or ideas?

Well I'll be modifying my hitch plates so I can mount it wherever I want it as long as everything clears with the bed. Which I know to do this the riveted on piece that covers the spare tire will need to be removed.

I ran into this on the rear bumper with receiver I built for Bo.

No big deal there.

And I'm still not 100% how hard a roll pan would be. And at what price I could offer it.

Well I'll be modifying my hitch plates so I can mount it wherever I want it as long as everything clears with the bed. Which I know to do this the riveted on piece that covers the spare tire will need to be removed.

I ran into this on the rear bumper with receiver I built for Bo.

No big deal there.

And I'm still not 100% how hard a roll pan would be. And at what price I could offer it.

Sounds good , would love to have a bolt on roll pan !!

So here in a couple months I'll be starting another mj build hopefully. And I already plan on putting a roll pan bumper on it.

I was kind of curious to see if anybody would be interested in bolt on roll pans...

I haven't even looked at the bed yet to see how it would work, I've got a couple ideas, but haven't got far yet.

Mine will have a hidden hitch behind the license plate. I'll just use my hitch plates and modify a set to get me started.

Forgive my ignorance, but what is a "roll pan" bumper?

Forgive my ignorance, but what is a "roll pan" bumper?

A "bumper" that's flush with the rest of the bodywork, not sticking out. Usually painted body color.

2376101.jpg

Mine, which will be welded on will be sheet metal, 14 or 16 gauge. Maybe 18. A little thicker than the rest of the body. And then mine will have one of my hitches hidden behind the license plate.

I guess I shouldn't word it as "roll pan bumper".

It is a thin sheet metal "filler" for ease of rolling/shaping it.

I don't even think I could shape a piece of 1/8" for this...