vacuum reservoir for 1986 MJ

I checked it out. Vacuum can be pulled on the chamber through the valve, but vacuum cannot be lost out the other direction. 

Yeah, but how? If someone wants to make his/her own reservoir, how can they create a home-brew check valve?

I checked it out. Vacuum can be pulled on the chamber through the valve, but vacuum cannot be lost out the other direction. 

Yeah, but how? If someone wants to make his/her own reservoir, how can they create a home-brew check valve?

Buy one. Or snag one at the junkyard. Make sure it's a check valve and not a vacuum delay valve like used on the old carbureted vehicles. 

https://www.google.com/search?q=vacuum+check+valve&rlz=1C1KMZB_enUS546US547&espv=2&biw=1344&bih=735&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjt0L3Jm9DOAhUM4WMKHcCJCLMQsAQImgE&dpr=1.25

There is a check valve in the vacuum line, both mine have them. But the reservoirs appear to be just a plain chamber.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

I don't think it would matter if the check valve was inside the ball or inline, somewhere before, or on the outside of the ball.  It's all about keeping the vacuum from bleeding out until it's needed (called upon).

There is a check valve in the vacuum line, both mine have them. But the reservoirs appear to be just a plain chamber.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

I don't think it would matter if the check valve was inside the ball or inline, somewhere before, or on the outside of the ball.  It's all about keeping the vacuum from bleeding out until it's needed (called upon).

Yes, but if the check valve is in the line and can be grabbed from a junkyard (or reused), it makes fabbing a substitute canister much easier.