1992 4.0 H.O. Cranking

having owned 4 total 91& 92 Jeep Comanche's I wonder what takes them 3 revolutions to start up. Is it oil pressure sensed by the computer or something else. My 1998 Chevy 350 sits in the driveway all week and I start it every Sunday and you just bump the key and it starts on 1st revolution and I like that. . Is there a way you can fool the 4.0 liter H.O. to start quickly.

Bill in Wetumpka Alabama.

Humm,, I have the same problem. It takes many turns of the engine before it starts. Runs great once it starts. Awhile back, it would start quickly. Not sure what changed though. But now, I have to hold the key for a bit before it actually starts. 

^^  This. I've had several HOs; they are all the same. The OBD1 ECU has communicate with and verify outputs sequentially with all the sensors needed for open loop operation then compare them to it's residual memory program before allowing a start. The Renix system takes even longer since it's "junction box" computer retains no memory and sensor verification has to be done from scratch. Blame it on the computers.   :yes: