anyone know how much lift SOA dana 44 gives?

estimated lift?

Trying to make final decisions on parts. goal is to SOA the rear, match front lift to rear, and run 33x12.50's with 4 TJ rear flares. a.k.a. fender trimming is OK but not too extreme.

anyways, what's the diameter the dana 44 rear axle and what's general consensus on how much lift it really gives?

you know you can get perches that sit higher like lift blocks except lift-perches right?

i would say on the high end like 5.5-6 using normal perches i don't remember exactly how much thicker the tubes on mine are though

you know you can get perches that sit higher like lift blocks except lift-perches right?

i would say on the high end like 5.5-6 using normal perches i don't remember exactly how much thicker the tubes on mine are though

yep, i know that about the perches.

I actually am trying to keep cost down on front lift components...

yep, i know that about the perches.

I actually am trying to keep cost down on front lift components...

longer springs are the same price :cheers: :D

Unless he's going junkyard.

A juy can swap in some lower arched leaves to get the ride height closer.

a decent explorer pack shoult net about a 1" drop... i say decent b/c we've all seen the random ones that have thick 4 leaf packs and overload and then the ones with 1 leaf!?!?! whats up with that?

but the good pack is about 1" drop bolt in.

Unless he's going junkyard.

A juy can swap in some lower arched leaves to get the ride height closer.

a decent explorer pack shoult net about a 1" drop... i say decent b/c we've all seen the random ones that have thick 4 leaf packs and overload and then the ones with 1 leaf!?!?! whats up with that?

but the good pack is about 1" drop bolt in.

that's the plan when I go SOA, don't wanna mess with the 4" of lift I've got up front.

exploder packs.

Just wanted to add this to the conversation, but using the exploder main leaf will push the axle a small amount forward in the wheel well. Depending on the tire/wheel combo this could cause issues. If i didn't already have a 2wd MJ leaf pack to use, I was going to go with a Exploder pack (with the eyes cut off) under my MJ main leaf. That way I get the benefits of a lower height and the benefits of an extra leaf combating spring wrap.

FYI...I just met up with a local board member today after work (VA Jim), and he just SOA'd his shortbed MJ with stock D44. Pulled the tape measure out and figured out he got roughly 5-5.5" of lift.

HTH,

Jeff