I found another Jeep

Twisty

Its not an MJ...but its pretty cool.

1949 CJ-2A. Quite the undertaking I know. It needs a new tub, and fenders...those are shot. The frame appears to be in pretty good shape, and the engine supposedly runs.

Now I have quite the battle ahead of me to get a title. But the guy I got it from is an ex-state trooper, so hopefully he will have "connections."

Did I mention it was free ;D

Twisty - Nice find, you say you got it for FREE???

Humm.....you better double check what you got there, you might not need the title, But you got a gold mine in parts, My next door neighbor in into them, and parts are......well, lets just say, if it has a PTO output on it, that's worth more that what the thing sold off the show room floor. I'll pass this on to the neighbor, he might need some parts for his '46 CJ2A :brows:

He drove to Delware last year just to Look at a frame that was for sale for $250, and didn't like it, and came home empty handed.

Nice find, Keep finding them :thumbsup:

I say stretch the wheel base put some 8 lug 44's under it.. on H1's and paint it olive drab.... it will look like a miny humvee then :brows:

did I mention wheel the piss out of it since it was free

Speaking of a stretched willy's, My buddy was the July '05 or '06 Cover of JP Magazine. He did it right with a 6" door and 6" rear wheel well stretch. His frame was built on his garage floor, and he has a nice Chevy 350 I believe as the powerhouse. Painted Olive Drab Green. Has a 9 inch rear, and I think a 44 front.