wheel bearing dilema

anyone know if a wheel-bearing from a TJ low-pinion Dana 30 will work on a 98 XJ hi-pinion Dana 30 (in my 90 MJ)? Autozone has them as different part numbers, but that by itself tends not to mean a whole lot in reality. Can I make it work if I have whole the TJ axle (-brakes)?

is the high pinion a reverse cut gear? It may be different carrier which would mean different bearing. shaft would be same spline count and diameter so the shaft would not make a difference. I don't know for sure, so you may want to look into it more.

Not the differential bearings (don't need anything from there), I mean the unit-bearings on the ends. Turns out I can't see them today so I have a bit more time to find out. :cheers:

The best I can do is go to Autozone and ask them to show me them both (which I may do tomorrow anyway). My axle is still intact and under the MJ. But even if they are different, there may be a chance that I could swap more parts than just the bearings and it would work. :dunno:

For those I'd just buy new. This all comes up because I found a decently priced set of 3.07 TJ axles and I was thinking of getting them for the unit-bearings and shafts out of the front and the brackets off the rear (and then part out or scrap the rest). I figure if the bearings match, then it's a good deal. If not, then I don't know...

they should work Pete.

The hubs that came off the 97 axle I put under the junk fit my neighbors 98 TJ.

The only difference is the spacing to the rotor, so they'll bolt up, and if it's not the same when you put the caliper on it will bind against the rotor when you tighten the lug nuts.