An OEM Cargo Light Mod

Finally installed the OEM cargo light and OEM switch, with a twist. I ditched the bulb brackets and installed two LED panels:

Image Not Found

Here it is installed:

Image Not Found

And with it lit up:

Image Not Found

Image Not Found

Here is the switch:

Image Not Found

I think it turned out ok.

Jerry

The LED panels I got, unfortunately, were discontinued, but, you can use any light panels that can fit inside the light housing. Any auto parts store has LED panels of varying sizes. In my case, I had to make a gasket, as the one that was with the truck had strunk so it was too short. Even though my truck didn't come with the cargo light, the complete wiring was there. The switch wiring was behind the left side switch panel, and the power wire for the light was curled up behind the driver side B-Pillar light. Originally, the light was grounded through both mounting screws. On mine, I just put another screw in just for the lights and attached the LED panels' neg. wire to that. You should be able to see that in the pic with the light cover off. As for the light bulb brackets, I just carefully cut them off with an Xacto knife blade, leaving just thr plastic. Let me know if you guys need more info.

Jerry

Because I'm OCD, I modded the plastic sheet that was on the left side to work on the right side, as the driving/fog light switch was on the left side already. I also extended the wiring so it would be enough to go to the other side. I wanted both switches to balance out, not all on one side. Just a personal preference.

Jerry