Truetrac for traction?

Because of these dumb BFG MT tires I have I basically have to be super light on the throttle to keep from spinning.  Detroit Truetracs are on sale right now with an additional rebate.  My research says they are the best to use outside of a factory limited slip.  Does anyone have experience with them in their trucks?

I have a Truetrac in the red '88 shortbed. I love it. It provides a much more positive lock than the factory Trac-Lok. I drove Old Red through two New England winters and almost never had to use 4WD -- even without putting weight in the bed.

Truetrac, and other helical type diffs, have an advantage of being very smooth and very positive engagement.  Their own real downside is that if you do any sort of off-roading where one of the wheels leaves the ground, it will spin like an open diff.  A nifty little trick to make them lock up again is to lightly apply the brakes though.  As long as both wheels see even a little bit of resistance it will act like a limited slip.  I want truetrac diffs front and rear on my truck someday...

Far better than a factory LSD. Sort of in between a Standard LSD and a locker if you know how to use them. If you drag your brakes ever so slightly when things are bad they actually lock to some degree. I only have experience with them in a front application, though. They are invisible in the front so should be in the rear as well