BEAUTIFUL red Eliminator on Ebay

Very nice, auction was ended though, must have sold locally or something.

Or something? The auction was ended because somebody used the Buy it Now. And it was well bought. Meanwhile you guys are nitpicking missing badges, messed up pinstripes, and it's not a 4WD.  Elims are not 4WD. 

Elims in 91+ were 4x4 AND worth every 

penny of $6500 in that condition. However

a repainted 89 would cause me to hesitate...

Id really need to see that in person before

bidding...

True - you could even get LWB Elims in 91/92. Forgot about that............

Elims in 91+ were 4x4 AND worth every 

penny of $6500 in that condition. However

a repainted 89 would cause me to hesitate...

Id really need to see that in person before

bidding...

True - you could even get LWB Elims in 91/92. Forgot about that............

I think this one is an '89

Very nice, auction was ended though, must have sold locally or something.

"This listing was ended by the seller because the item is no longer available."

Probably local sale

Or something? The auction was ended because somebody used the Buy it Now. And it was well bought. Meanwhile you guys are nitpicking missing badges, messed up pinstripes, and it's not a 4WD.  Elims are not 4WD. 

Unless you bought it, you are making that up. When I look at the auciton it says: "This listing was ended by the seller because the item is no longer available.".

I didn't pick the truck apart at all, it's a sweet truck and worth that.

Unless you bought it, you are making that up. When I look at the auciton it says: "This listing was ended by the seller because the item is no longer available.".

I didn't pick the truck apart at all, it's a sweet truck and worth that.

Yep, UB right. Either a local sale and/or trying avoiding the Ebay 10% Final Value fee.

...trying avoiding the Ebay 10% Final Value fee.

I got bit by that. I found it difficult to determine the total fees for selling something at the time, and I recently sold an item and then got a big surprise when the final fee was $37! I lost money on that item 'cause the shipping also costed more than I charged. I hardly sell on eBay anymore because of the fees (and shipping charges have gone way, way up in the last year or two - in Canada).

I wrote an simple recursive algorithm to determine how much to charge for an item to make a certain amount of money given the 10% final value fee and the paypal fees.

Makes it easy to determine if flipping a JY part on Ebay is worth it.

I bought this one...  I have been looking for quite some time and I went down and offered cash.  I recently just joined the club here.  I have always been a Jeep guy, my current daily driver is my dads 79 CJ7 w/ 258, he bought that one in 1980.  I also rebuilt an 89 Wagoneer and a 79 Wagoneer in the past few years, just sold my 79 Wagoneer after spending 2-3 years rebuilding it and before that my 89 Wagoneer was stolen.

I decided I wanted a truck and a non carburetor more modern vehicle with overdrive, so of course, Comanche was the answer!

I drove it home no issues and right now I'm spending a week or so draining all the fluids and replacing the exhaust, and going through all hoses and wiring to make sure all is clean...

The hood and the left quarter panel appear to have been painted, but the rest seems original I think from what I can tell.  It's definitely the original color and been color matched very well.

I wanted a 5 speed AX15 with 4wd, but I HATE rust and interior work, I like working on axles and motors and such, so this one's undercarriage was flawless and the interior with some cleaning I believe will look brand new.

I plan to convert to 4wd and either stay automatic or go to 5 speed, but later after I drive it longer.

I was curious about the word Eliminator being missing, anyone got a good photo of what badges and logos are missing so I can replace them?

Also had some chrome tie downs on the bed I believe are after market and rain guards that should not be there.

anyway, I will be on here a bunch now getting help...

I'm calling repaint on this one, at least partially. Look at the passenger side fender badge. Such a small detail, and it looks so tacky when they're on wrong. Also the passenger side door doesn't seem to match perfectly, either. May have taken a hit in that side at some point in its life. The front fender and door are also shinier than everything else. The seller is lying. It's not all original in my opinion.

Those seats are gnarly... I don't think they're supposed to be brown.

Edit: didn't see the new owner's post. Regardless of the nit-picking above it looks like a great, solid driver. I just disagree with the seller calling it all original.

It's definetly been partially painted, but decent work. Depending on the lighting, it's hard to tell in person except parts being so shiny. I'm going to try and clean up the rest to get it looking closer.

I want to fix all badges and such, I ordered the new stickers. What did you see on passenger fender, is the comanche too close to the door? I know some of the bottom sticker is off, but it's pretty close.

The owner was a nice guy, older man, bought it from someone when he saw it, never registered it or drove it, or even really looked it over. I was pointing stuff out when I was there and he was totally fine with it. He even called me the next day to make sure it made the drive home and asked how it was and if I still liked it.

Also I bought the carfax and it had been in a rear end accident, I think it rear ended someone else, which is why new hood and drivers fender for repair, but looking while on the lift, appears it was all just panel damage and the new panels appear to be correct and fitted well. Not sure if they repaired them or got new ones, but had the magnet and doesn't seem to have bondo.