Where is the reverse sensor or switch?

87 comanche chief, earlier today I was replacing some light bulbs on the rear taillights. I've never really had reverse lights, but had the wife give it a shot. I had one on! The left one, since the right side was all opened up I replaced the reverse bulb on the side and bam! Now I have two working reverse lights!

We tried it a couple times and they continued to work. About an hour later I pulled it out of the garage, and we tried it again..... Nothing! .........????

Where the hell is the sensor, or switch? Is it electrical or mechanical/ over electrical?

It general will not work, but I always leave it on because occasionally the damn thing will light up and work like a champ. The last couple days it's been on and working(ie you can feel the difference when you actuate it on or off). It was on when we were checking the reverse lights, and when they quit working so did the power comfort switch. All grounds on the vehicle have been upgraded and replaced, I'm running dual batteries and a 150 amp alternator.other than these couple little issues I've ironed out everything else but the interior dome lights.

By the way, anyone got a set of those dome lights? Lol

Interestingly the power comfort switch in intermittent. Usually not working. Today when the reverse light were working, so was the power comfort switch.

That's because the Power/Comfort switch and reverse lights share the same 7.5 amp "trans" fuse in the fusebox........

Here:

Bypassing the Power/Comfort Switch on a Renix Jeep

Remove and unplug the switch. In the harness are 3 wires One has a stripe, one is tan, and the other black. Make a 4" jumper wire with a male spade at each end. Plug one end in the cavity for the tan wire and the other in the cavity for the striped wire and you'll be in permanent Power mode. Stuff the harness back in and reinstall the switch for looks.

If you happen to have a 91 or 92 XJ/MJ and it has the Power/Comfort switch, just jumper the Tan and Blue wires in the harness plug.

NEVER include the black wire when jumpering!!! 

That's because the Power/Comfort switch and reverse lights share the same 7.5 amp "trans" fuse in the fusebox........

Yep, true for Renix. The HO's however have a separate 15A fuse for the reverse lights in the PDC.

Only those 91 and 92 bastard editions.