The other Chief (Getting it ready for paint)

I like the 6th one down the best and the bottom one pretty good. I would want all the staroger containers built in kinda like a service truck. I thought of doing a flat bed where everything has a home. I'm talking laying all my wheeling items out and making boxes just for each of them. Maybe layered trays with axles and steering then one for tools. I really like the 6th ones door that open for the tire. Also have them all lockable so i don't have to remove them after every trip. Always ready is my MOTO.

jamminz.gif

Cole

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Well it turns out I don't have to sell it. Finally got everythingt buttoned up and got it on the road. So far it's the best handeling lifted Jeep I have ever owned. No vibrations,shakes,death wabble or bump steer.

I ended up with about 8 inches of lift up front and 9" in the rear which should drop a bit once I get some weight in there(spare tire and tools). Could stand to be a little lower but it will work for now. I will be going to 37's in the future and some trimming with a HP 44. Next is some paint which I hope to get around to doing in early spring. I'll try to get some flex shots up tomorrow

• 4 weeks later...

Sooner or later I'm going to swap the 97+ front clip on here but for now I just put the 97 front flairs on. Wanted to do something with the rear ones so they kind of matched the fronts. So I took a trip the the local JY and got a set of flairs for $10.00 and started sanding untill I got them to look like this

Almost look like the fronts right?

The plastic is verry thick on the top section of these flairs. I achieved this look buy taking a red 3m abrasive disc on a 90 degree die grinder and took down the majority on the plastic with that. Then came back with a DA sander with 80g then 120g then primed tham and finish sanded them with 320 and painted them with plastic coat bumper paint. Took me the good part of a saturday[/img]

So those back flares came from a '97-'01 XJ? I like the look.

no, they're original flares, sanded down to look like 97-01 flares. you'd have to do some plastic welding to make 97-01's fit the rear. fronts are 97-01 though.

Jeepco's got it. The fronts are the 97-01's and the rear are stock MJ flairs just did a little sanding and reforming of the plastic.

Jeepco's got it. The fronts are the 97-01's and the rear are stock MJ flairs just did a little sanding and reforming of the plastic.

Looks good.

How do you reform the plastic?....How much to do a set for me! :D

here's a full shot of the truck that I took today

Great job on the flares. Your rig looks very good. I've always liked the Chief hood decals. They look super in black on your white truck. Been looking for a complete set of these hood decals for a long time. Stupid question, but anyone have some laying around?? Or know of a source for repros? :cheers:

Great job on the flares. Your rig looks very good. I've always liked the Chief hood decals. They look super in black on your white truck. Been looking for a complete set of these hood decals for a long time. Stupid question, but anyone have some laying around?? Or know of a source for repros? :cheers:

When I get my friend to remake the decals for me I can se if he will do an extra set of hood decals for you if your interested.

When I get my friend to remake the decals for me I can se if he will do an extra set of hood decals for you if your interested.

That would be great. :cheers: Please shoot me a PM when available. Thanks!

count me in? I'll pay....i'd like those decals on my mj

• 4 weeks later...

Still working on getting the decals made for everyone that's interested but in the mean time I picked up a 94 Cherokee complete and I will be doing an HO swap on my 88 Chief. When I swaped the engine in a couple months back I got a 95 HO long block and stuffed the Renex injection on there. So all the wiring from this 94 will be going in the Chief. I also blew up the BA10 ( big surprise there) So I will also be swaping in the auto trans and my Tera 4:1 transfercase I had from My grand cherokee. Stay tined for some pictures and updates

I also got seate and started making some armor and bumpers for it. I have alot of crap going on at the moment. I will be adding pictures as I make progress.

• 2 years later...

I haven't updated this build up in a while... Been DDing this truck and have been letting it go down hill a little bit. Still haven't built front or rear bumpers or the HO swap... Did swap in an AX-15 finally and a tera 4:1 transfercase. I have decided to swap on the 97+ front clip and paint it. Went with an early 70's AMC color.. Not your everyday paint color but wanted to be a little diferent. Here's a link to the color. It's called renegade yellow. What do ya think?

http://www.tcpglobal.com/autocolorlibra ... s-pg01.jpg