yeehaw lol always fun. mine was doing tht a bit. turned out to be the idle air valve

Glad to hear you got yours running. The IAC valve was one of the first things I replaced and as you have seen its been one think after another. I drive it a hundred miles or so and its something else. I hope my problem was just a loose connection but I am afraid it maybe a weak coil. 

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

maybe you need a driver mod? :yes: lol just kidding. id bite the bullet and just replace whats left. if that doesn't solve it could be a bad computer or harness. where do you work that your calibrating sprayers?

maybe you need a driver mod? :yes: lol just kidding. id bite the bullet and just replace whats left. if that doesn't solve it could be a bad computer or harness. where do you work that your calibrating sprayers?

Thats what I am thinking, I priced a new coil on Orielly's if the wife and I use this think for some over night trips kinda like  "overlanding" type trips I want it to be RELIABLE. I saw in the classifieds that a guy has a reworked harness. I think I am going to have to sell my project Powerstroke in order to do get this thing done before this coming winter.

I work for the Cooperative Extension service as a Agriculture agent for my county.

Its hard to explain so here is a video. lol

https://youtu.be/94IA5mJCUOQ

Get me a job! lol I want to get back into ag really bad. I worked for Deere for some time doin combines, sprayers, and choppers but went back to school for business.

what year super duty do you have?

I actually think we have a few agent job openings in Arkansas. Not the best paying job in the world but its fun. My tow/DD is a 2005 but the one I was calling my project Powerstroke is a 1996 F350 4x4 single cab Flatbed. I got it from the original owner. 307K miles on the clock.

Drove the comanche yesterday and today so far so good.....I even ran the a/c some today :)

Oh I am pretty darn happy! I drove it to Fayetteville and back Sunday with no problems. I have also been driving it all this week. It will run alittle rich every now and then but for the most part it will get me where I need to go. I am going to order a new coil from Rockauto. Should I replace the Coil connecter while I am at it? Is it common to replace them in pairs? See coil connector below:

WiscoXJ you better get your A/C going soon its warming up!

Id do the connector. seems like everything on these trucks is melted or corroded. and I know! I never gets hotter than 80-90 here but its humid as hell

I should of been buying some of these parts from Rock Auto. I got the better Standard brand coil and the connector for $25 shipped. Orielllys wants $50 just for the coil. I had stopped buying from Rock Auto awhile back because the shipping from multiple locations for multiple parts was killing the deal but i guess they have improved on that.

I got the coil in yesterday and installed it. The coil connector must not be for my model jeep because I could not see where it would go?? Anyways its running good and the A/C is blowing cold. I am beginning to think about dragging the amc20 up to the house and begin working on it, I have had it stored in the barn. Hope I don't jenix myself with such thoughts.

Ok When I bought that coil connector really what I wanted was this:

The ignition control module. I think I will replace the the connector that go into it first. It died again this morning as I came down my dirt road, actually I was going across the cattle guard and thats where it would usually die before. I am guessing the extra shaking of goung across the cattle guard makes the ICM connector wiggle and lose connection for a moment. Once I got to work I popped the hood and touched the ICM connector and again as before it instantly stalled. Anyone know a part number for the Ignition Control Module connectors?

Edit: I just reread Crusiers tip #4 and I should check to make sure the pin in the connecter is not retracted. 

I think you should check crank sensor frist   truck is a part  maybe not connect or damaged  seen my times    mo crank signal no spark its easy to replace now   can get at any mopar parts dept  dwa :thumbsup:

I think you should check crank sensor frist   truck is a part  maybe not connect or damaged  seen my times    mo crank signal no spark its easy to replace now   can get at any mopar parts dept  dwa :thumbsup:

I appreciate your help, I feel have pretty well ruled out the CPS.  When i bought the last CPS I went by my Mopar parts dept and they did not have it and was not sure if they could get it. They suggested ebay.......Standard products seems to make a good one. I have the ACDELCO CPS in my tool box as a spare.

I get standard auto parts all the time from rock auto and never have had an issue

I believe 99.9% of the replacement components I have put on the MJ at this point are standard brand. I like em. Some I got from local parts store some from Rock Auto. Speaking of Standard Auto Parts:

BAM!

Double BAM!

Got my ICM in and was glad to see made in the USA on the bottom. I got it in lastnight and so we will see if that takes care of the loose connection problem.

I checked my mileage this morning and for the 2nd take in a row my mileage figures out to 18mpg! Actually this last tank was 18.5 mpg. Sounds good to me! Kinda hate to kill the milage with a 4x4 swap.......ahhh who cares, Thats what the VW is for!

Rusty approves:

Loving all the resto type work man. My build is in a similar place, I should be doing more little things like this to stay motivated on the big picture.

Thanks! The main thing is I want this thing to be as reliable as it possibly can be and basically all of the electronics had reached the end of its usable life. Sitting for 4-5 years did not help. haha Good luck with your build.

nice! how many cars do you have!? TDI vw?

I have more vehicles then I can pay to own. haha If I could receive government assistance for car ownership I would be at my limit. I have the 1989 MJ, the 2005 Powerstroke, the 1996 Powerstroke, 1973 CJ5 and a 2004 VW Passat. The Passat is not a TDI although I wish it was, but it has the 1.8T which I like performance wise but I hate working on. I also have a 1947 Chevy Fleetmaster Sports Coupe that is in need of a resto-mod and lets not forget the 1987 parts truck that hopefully will be going to a new home by next weekend. BTW do I need to keep the seat out of the 87? It has the indention in the middle of the bench to clear the auto shifter on the floor. The 89 has the shifter on the steering column but will I need the indention in the seat for to clear the tcase shifter??

nice! how many cars do you have!? TDI vw?

I have more vehicles then I can pay to own. haha If I could receive government assistance for car ownership I would be at my limit. I have the 1989 MJ, the 2005 Powerstroke, the 1996 Powerstroke, 1973 CJ5 and a 2004 VW Passat. The Passat is not a TDI although I wish it was, but it has the 1.8T which I like performance wise but I hate working on. I also have a 1947 Chevy Fleetmaster Sports Coupe that is in need of a resto-mod and lets not forget the 1987 parts truck that hopefully will be going to a new home by next weekend. BTW do I need to keep the seat out of the 87? It has the indention in the middle of the bench to clear the auto shifter on the floor. The 89 has the shifter on the steering column but will I need the indention in the seat for to clear the tcase shifter??

Holy crap lol I love the OBS style powerstrokes. I have the bench that's straight across in mine and it clears the mini council with the floor shifter