Gremlin after gremlin

So I've replaced the headlight dimmer switch in the dash 2 times in the past 6 months, the headlight switch 2 months ago and lost my head lights last week and havent had time to play with them.. after taking out the headlight switch and finding out it was fine i swapped out the dimmer switch in the dash with a spare one 5 minutes ago and now I don't have working wipers.. I tried looking to see if I disconnected anything but its been a long day and I don't know what else is involved in the electrical side of the wipers.. Any suggestions? They worked fine the other day :burnsjeeptoground:

Failed ground somewhere is my guess.

This. I would check the wiring behind the lights in the front clip. I ended up having a similar problem with my parking lights, only to find that the original sockets for the lights had rusted out pretty bad (OE sockets were cylindrical POS Ford-types), shorting out my connections to the dash lights. 

The lights aren't my problem anymore it's the lack of wipers! They worked fine before I unplugged the high/low switch on the column and then changed out the dimmer switch in the dash and and put it all back together only to not have working wipers. Since there isn't a fuse for them and the wiper module looks to be okay what else should I check... I'm going camping up at American fork canyon and its supposed to rain and snow all weekend..

There's a 5.5A circuit breaker for the wipers on the fuse box, probably what BloodofaJeep is talking about. Number 15 in this diagram, on the left side.

1984_1988_fuse_box.jpg

Did you by chance unplug the wiper switch connector, located on the steering column? There are at least two long flat connectors on the steering column. The shorter of the two is for the wiper switch. The really long one is for the turn signal switch.