88 Comanche Dually w/ rare grill -Houston. CL. $3300 obo

21 slot, from 85-86 xj wagoneer

thanks, I don't think I've ever seen one before. I have a 10 slot and a 7 slot, I think I'm going to use the 10 slot on mine

21 slot Wagoneer on is hard to find, originally chrome. I like how the 10 slot looks on my 90 XJ. Not sure why they came with 8 slots.

• 3 weeks later...

Just throwing this out there ... Why if a person was planning on keeping the truck would it matter if it had a salvage title?

I've bought several salvage vehicles. One was a stolen Honda Accord and all that was wrong with it was its wheels and interior were gone. Bought it right and all said and done had a really nice little car for less than $3500 bucks. Salvage titles don't scare me unless its been wrecked. Just gotta know what to look for.

Also, Unless the vin has been changed its real easy to do a vin and or title search back to the last known owner/s.

I'd buy it if I had the cash. Just not for $3300 bucks. Even though it is a rare truck I'm thinkin more like $2300. And that's only if it runs half was decent and isn't a rust bucket.

If anybody has real interest in it I'd be willing to go look at it for you. We could talk on the phone while I'm there and I could take whatever pix you'd like or even a video of it.

Like I said, I am willing to do this but only if you have real interest in it. In other words, Please don't waste my time asking me to go kick the tires for you. 

Just throwing this out there ... Why if a person was planning on keeping the truck would it matter if it had a salvage title?

I've bought several salvage vehicles. One was a stolen Honda Accord and all that was wrong with it was its wheels and interior were gone. Bought it right and all said and done had a really nice little car for less than $3500 bucks. Salvage titles don't scare me unless its been wrecked. Just gotta know what to look for.

<snip>

"Just gotta know what to look for."  That is the key isn't it?  Problem is most people don't know what to look for - including some who think they know what to look for.  Net result - poorly repaired cars being passed of to innocent buyers as something they are not.  So now we have laws that brand salvaged titles on some more cars than perhaps should be branded.

This includes my truck that had $2500 worth of damage when it was sideswiped.  Replacement door, fender and some sheet metal work on the bed and a new paint job for $2800 give me a better truck than I could have purchased for $2500.  But if you have ever seen pictures of repaired cars broken in half in a new accident you will understand why most people just do not want to take the chance with a badly repaired car.  Hence the salvage title has a very low demand and only at a much discounted price.

Do I want to buy a salvage title truck from somebody on Craigslist?  Not unless it were just for parts and then only at a big discount.