I blame the CC for this obsession!

vfb

So, there I was, just an ordinary guy living in the boonies with a long driveway and decided to stop paying someone to plow my laneway.  I found an old and very rusty MJ with a plow and bought it thinking if I can get a few years...  great.

Had some trouble with it and of course found this club and got some good advice and researched tips for tune-up and so on. But after seeing all you guys building and modding and generally enjoying these old and awesome trucks, I started thinking how cool it would be to find another one in good shape and use the old one for parts. Not that I know how to wrench other than changing spark plugs and easy stuff like that. Putting on a new fuel filter is a big success for my level of mechanics.

But seeing those rust free rigs from the south made me envious, and I starting looking here in rust laden Ontario, Canada.  After about four years, I found a twin to mine and in pretty good shape. Owned by the same guy for 23 years and well cared for. The good is that the box, fenders, doors, and rockers have been replaced within the past ten years. The bad is that it needed those things replacing because of rust. The frame is ok but has had a few patches.  

So now here I am,  wanting new buckets seats, maybe swap the instrument cluster from the old one and all the other cool additions you guys love.  No lifting, mudding or wheeling for me.  It's going to be a mostly my work truck, but I am definitely hooked and want to upgrade all kinds of things, and like you guys.... end up wondering what is happening to all my money! So... thanks, I think :)))

oldguy.jpg

and the new guy

red2.jpg

red.jpg

I don't love the chrome either. Is it just glued on?

I may remove the roll-bar too sometime.

Yes, glued on. Use a heat gun sparingly to soften up the glue and pull off slowly. Then clean the residue off with Goo-Gone or similar.

Agree with the roll bar removal. It doesn't look "right" on the truck like a factory bar does IMO.

:agree: The MJ looks good with a roll bar, but only some roll bars look good with the MJ

Edit: It kind of looks like one of those modular aftermarket roll bars. If it is, you might be able to get different "legs" for it that don't go all the way to the ends of the wheel wells. Never much been a fan of that style myself. Of course, then you'd have even more holes in the bed.

Are those chrome pieces OE? I've seen a couple of Jeeps over the years with them, but not too many though. Sharp looking truck!  I'm digging the color scheme on the plow truck as well. :yes: 

Are those chrome pieces OE? I've seen a couple of Jeeps over the years with them, but not too many though. Sharp looking truck!  I'm digging the color scheme on the plow truck as well. :yes:

I think the chrome was added later when the truck was repainted 10 yrs ago.

Plow truck's paint scheme... hehe, yeah, when I was talking to the seller before I bought it, I asked about that, thinking maybe they had a safari park or zoo or something like that. But no, he said that he and a buddy were sitting around one day and got to thinking that it wasn't "safe" to have a white truck plowing white snow.  Buddy had a good idea and grabbed a can of black spray paint. He didn't mention if there was any alcohol involved in this decision but....

.......... But do you or 2toneComanche remember where you got that grill guard? I seriously want one as soon as I get my truck back on the road  :thumbsup:

Sorry, no idea where it's from... it was on the truck when I got it