fuel injectors

After reading this, I bought 6 used Volvo 280 155 74 (Bosch 94545556) injectors for my 88 Comanche 4.0. 

I got 5 from one source for $25 (delivered) that all came off the same car and had to buy a single one from another source for $13 (delivered).

$38 for all 6 didn't seem too bad.

I plan on cleaning them up and comparing their flow  rates.

What should the flow rate be for these injectors using my truck pump to pressurize the injector?

I had a leak in one of the original fuel injectors about 2 years ago and replaced that injector only with a used one.

I'm hoping for better fuel mileage and smoother performance

We'll see.

steve

This may be handy to someone.

It lists the flow characteristics of different fuel injectors.

httpusers.erols.comsrweisstableifc.htm

You will note that the flow rates for Bosch injectors are rated in n-Heptane verses gasohol (E85) for other makes of fuel injectors.

I copied this from www. racetronics.biz for converting Bosch injectors to their rated flow in (E85) Gasohol.

steve

"Injector flow rates are based on testing with n-Heptane test solvent (0.6855 gml). U.S. EPA emission test gasoline 40CFR86.113 (0.735gml) flows in most common injector designs at about a 3 to 4% higher rate than n-Heptane. A ratio of 1.0351 can be used when converting the flow specifications above"

(Racetronics).

• 2 years later...

Yes, but Renix likes 746s.

How do you know? Ever look at them using an A/F meter over varied conditions?

A culmination of in the field results from a large sampling of people who tried 710s and settled on 746s.

Yes, but Renix likes 746s.

How do you know? Ever look at them using an A/F meter over varied conditions?

A culmination of in the field results from a large sampling of people who tried 710s and settled on 746s.

OK - sounds fair enough.