Hey, I want to do a SOA conversion but I'm trying to achieve 3 inches. Any ideas?

SOA will give you at least 5.5 inches of lift.

3" will not happen without removing leafs, which is in itself not a wholly great idea.

buy an add-a-leaf or new rear springs

Hey, I want to do a SOA conversion but I'm trying to achieve 3 inches. Any ideas?

with the D35?

try a FULL explorer leaf pack (no MJ leafs at all) for a ~1" drop, and XJ shackles for another inch or so.

that should net 3" if you get the right leaf packs. alot of people don't like the XJ shackle idea because it reduces spring travel since its shorter than factory.

sure, weld on the xj shock mounts and then make custom mounts for the uppers...but triangulate them to allow for better flex. welding a better shock system in is your best bet since you already have the 3" lift.

SOA is not the answer to your demands

no clue.

SOA is a dumb idea for only 3" of lift, as it's not possible without messing with a bunch of other stuff...such as leafs.

I'd say most any year exploder?

but IMHO you should put the d44 in SUA, and burn the shock mounts to the front of the axle tubes on the outer edges, then angle the shocks inwards and weld a bar across with new shock mounts.

someone did that on here with the shock mounts..looked great and offers GREAT articulation options, as the shocks will only help in that position and there is no chance of them being restrictive.

someone did that on here with the shock mounts..looked great and offers GREAT articulation options, as the shocks will only help in that position and there is no chance of them being restrictive.

CWLONGSHOT did that, check out his jeep in the projects section for more info.

I cannot recommend using the complete Explorer leaf pack, as it will push the axle 1/2" forward in the wheelwell. :(

While it's a great idea to want to clean up the underside of the axle tube, going SOA while trying to keep it at 3" has a lot of drawbacks. I'd personally go with new shock mounts and then maybe try to adapt the U-bolt flip kits I've seen out there for YJs. :brows:

• 2 weeks later...