97+ Front clip swap

I am just putting the finishing touches on my 97+ front clip swap. I am planning on taking some pictures, drawing up a wiring diagram, etc, and I wanted to know if there was anything specific anybody wanted to know. I'd like to make this a good "searchable" thread for anybody looking to do this swap.

Post it in the projects forum as a 'How-to' and maybe I'll get around to finishing my how-tos on P/S pump modding, swapping in a 'isuzu rear, and maybe a few other tricks that are on my truck.

Then Pete can perhaps make a room for how-tos with nothing else in it.

this is going to be one of my future projects, a wright up would be awsome, with lots of pics, and wiring diagrams jamminz.gif . maybe we could start a sticky thread catagory with this mod, and say a gauge cluster swap, seat swap and the most common mods.

a detailed description of the full process with pics to go along with it would be great. i cannot think of any specific questions, just the whole process.

:cheers:

Jonathan

this is going to be one of my future projects, a wright up would be awsome, with lots of pics, and wiring diagrams jamminz.gif . maybe we could start a sticky thread catagory with this mod, and say a gauge cluster swap, seat swap and the most common mods.

a detailed description of the full process with pics to go along with it would be great. i cannot think of any specific questions, just the whole process.

:cheers:

Jonathan

Diddo on that. I plan on the upgraded front end, and Bucket seats :cheers:

i didnt see dirtys post, but that is exactly what i was talking about, a room with just how-to tech, that you cannot post to so it doesnt get all cluttered, if you need to ask a question or modify it, you can referance to it on the boards. hopefully this idea will take shape. :cheers:

Jonathan

so are the headlights the same between the two?

if so...I'm gonna just buy all the lights and go cut off the connectors for the marker lights and the turn signals, and swap those to the new style...

if not, i'm gonna do that anyways and fit the blue lights up front...just the stock ones so that i don't have much for wiring troubles. make things simple ya know? after all...all the lights need is a power and a ground.

:D

I'll work on it. Just don't hold your breath 'cause I'm wicked busy this week. :(

Don't worry, it'll take me at least 2 weeks to go out and take the pictures needed to finish my write ups.

Yeah, I'm right there with ya on that one. Hopefully inside two weeks.

My headlight harness connector was all corroded, so I just figured I'd take all of the newer connectors and plugs, so everything was all like new. I didn't even bother to check if they would have fit without it.

yeah you can cut off a second harness off another XJ/MJ and splice it into the existing wiring harness, or you can just run with the one side. the side signals fit good, same type of connector, but you need to trim the soft plastic that makes a seal so it fits perfectly into the newer lens