Ranger mods

CEThomas

Kind of off topic :roll:

No better place then here to ask this question :D

I got my Ranger back in Oct. and the only thing I have done to it is put new 31" tires on it. Would like to start doing a couple things on it just in case we do not have the MJ ready this summer.

This is my DD in the winter and I drive 80 miles a day so do not want to go over kill :eek:

The specs are a very stock:

93 Ranger Super

5-speed w/HD clutch

31" tires

What I think my first item I need is about 2-3" lift to give my tires more room :brows: But here are some photos and let me know what you think I need :D

2490108890066042486S600x600Q85.jpg

2315586500066042486S600x600Q85.jpg

2492302370066042486S600x600Q85.jpg

2498207640066042486S600x600Q85.jpg

2927313420066042486S600x600Q85.jpg

2390534560066042486S600x600Q85.jpg

Charles

Lift is going to kill your gas mileage.

Focus on the MJ...

Focus on the MJ...

Focus on the MJ...

uh, that and body armor... keep that pretty green all straight.

I am at 19-20 mpg now, do not want to drop more then 1-2 mpg ;)

Here is a 2" lift that I have been looking into, enough to give room on the front tires. I would be ok on the back but the front is real tight on the corners just parked in the drive.

http://www.fatbobsgarage.com/cart/index ... &parent=66

I will not be using this for hard trails, the MJ can do that :D

Charles

Wish I could, but just can't bring my self to cut up my truck :brows: The thing I like lest about a lift on my Ranger is that I will have to put step bars on as I can just get my leg up to the door now :eek:

Charles

Thanks,

Think I will try with the setup I have now and see how much problems I have with the tires.

Work on getting tow hooks on the front and maybe replace the shocks that look like what came on it.

Charles

Yeah, like jbhill said, that lift'll really @#$% with your camber. For proper drivability, you'll need a full set of drop brackets that drop everything, or just do a body lift.

don't they make longer beams to correct the camber stuff

They make a drop bracket setup to level it back out. Buy the time you do a body lift and get all the items to finish the job, you can get the drop brackets and do the setup that I was looking at :nuts: The parts to rase the stick shift and trans case shift cost almost as much as the body lift kit.

Charles

The TTB arms still have axle shafts in them, so it's not as simple as with a 2wd I-beam set-up with just extending the beams. I'm not real up on the TTB set-ups though as I've never found a good reason to research them.

Yeah, if you make/buy the DBs, that'd be a good lil lift for ya!

• 5 weeks later...