Paint Removel

A guy in a parking lot ran into my daughters XJ and KO'd the rear fender flair.

I was able to get a minty flair off of my buddy but it is painted. Hers are the stock sunbleach black. 

So now i have 2 choices....paint all 4.....or see if i can strip the paint off one back to the factory plastic.

Any comments or advice on stripping or painting would be useful.....(myself i would rather just work on one than all 4)  . :MJ 1: .

Painted and unpaired flares have different textures, better off to find a black one, I am sure someone here has one kicking around

Yes i should have been more clear in my original post.......it was originally an unpainted raw black flare....some one did some spray bomb magic......has any one had any experience with any product that removed paint from a stock flare

I believe this is what you need, I used it on my car's bumper to strip some paint. It worked pretty well actually. Just be sure to test it in a small spot before using it all over. It's safe for use on urethane bumpers.

SEM XXX Bumper Stripper

Thank you.....is see by your location you are  :Canadaflag: ......were did you find this stuff CT?

I bought it online from the US. Yeah the shipping was costly but Iooked and couldn't find it locally.

I actually have probably 2/3 of a can left since I originally bought 3 cans of it. If you want to buy it let me know, shopping would probably be cheaper. 2/3 of a can should easily be enough for one flare.

I used some aircraft stripper for plastic on a pair of rear flares for mj, then hit them with low gloss krylon fusion black. I also hit the fronts with the same paint. Matches pretty well to the rest of the trim, makes the truck look cleaner, and they've held up well to sand and mesquite/creosote bushes so far.

thanks 

dainternetguy

found a body shop supp;y in town here that carries a similar product......i will pay the $12 for the can ........it might solve some other paint mistakes on some parts I have.....thanks for your tip and your generous offer  :thumbsup:  . :MJ 1: .